QAD HDX possible issue.

87TT

WKR
I have the QAD rest and really like it. I'm not sure if this is an issue or I just never noticed it before. When I load an arrow and cock it, I feel rough spot just as it comes to the loaded spot. I thought it was always smooth but now I'm not sure. It still functions and shoots fine. I am retired and probably shoot 50 to 100 arrows a day. Is it just me worrying or is something going on? I'm two hours from the nearest bow shop so I thought I would ask here.

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Called Dead On and found out that it's normal. Relief. Upside, I ordered new strings.

b-Rant

FNG
I noticed mine doing the same clicking/grinding as I come to full draw yesterday. It’s definitely a loud enough click that it could ruin a shot opportunity, I’m surprised they said it was normal. I wonder if some penetrating oil or anti seize could help it?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
QAD’s have had issues with this and it isn’t normal. I have seen it as a warning sign and they have locked up eventually and won’t fall away. I would send it to them and have them fix it or replace it. If you bought it a local shop, they will probably give you a new one and so the exchange through their shop as a dealer. A bowhunters luck is it will lock up when you are ready to send one into an animal.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Rosinbag. That rest should be like glass all the way up. Word to the wise, if you rest has anything other than QAD on it, such as Hoyt, Mathews, PSE or the like, QAD WILL NOT deal directly with you. You have to take the rest to a dealer who sells that brand, and they will have to send it back for you for repair. But if it is a plain old QAD, I would request they take it back and check it over for your peace of mind.

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
I'm still not sure I have an issue. It has a spot where I can feel it cock. Like a point it slips in to the cocking position. I have literally shot 200 to 300 arrows since I posted this and no problems or changes. As luck would have it, I am taking the bow in for new strings and a full cleaning tune up today. Will have the shop check it. Thanks guys.