Qad rest help

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I need some help with my rest. It appears to be making contact with my bottom vanes. The first thing i did was check the timing cord and it seems good so I shot it though paper and consistently get a right tear. I moved the rest all the way left and no difference. I really think the launcher is not going all the way down to 0 degrees no matter what i do. Is there a way to check if its going all the way down to 0 degrees? The picture is all the way down at 0 degrees.Im right handed shooting a hoyt powermax w20210829_152648.jpgith qad ultrarest hunter

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
With a right tear, meaning vanes right of point, don’t you need to move the rest to the right??? I’ve been confused on a lot of this lately as I keep reading about it and I’ve heard people say opposite things.

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly im not sure. Im just diving into this myself. I just cant stand running back to the shop for every little problem. Just shot a few bare shafts and am getting the same right tear

OR Archer

WKR
You can adjust that by loosening the same screw you did to move your rest left and right. You don’t want to adjust it so much that the launcher touches the riser though.
If you’re getting contact you need to adjust your rest cord length providing that everything else such as your cam timing is correct. The rest should come to the full upright position in the last 1-1.5” of the draw cycle. If it’s not and it’s coming up to soon then you’ll need to lengthen the rest cord until it does.

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the shop moved it one way or another with pliers or pipe wrench. I couldn't get it to rotate otherwise. Also seems like theres an extra click or position it drops to. But doesn't do it all the time

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I moved the rest all the way back to the left and fixed the right tear with bateshafts but get a slight nock down tear

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
The launcher movement is so sticky seems like the rest just needs trashed and start over to me

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. Yeah i figured as much cus its really inconsistent in dropping all the way like it gets hung up half the time. I rotated the launcher so it looks like that more flat but its still contacting the bottom vanes. Im completely lost

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Well after talking to qad and the bow shop sounds like the rest may need replaced. Im certain its timed properly. My question now is if i order a hamskea rest can i install it myself properly? Im confident i can if theres no crazy tools or anything weird

Well after talking to qad and the bow shop sounds like the rest may need replaced. Im certain its timed properly. My question now is if i order a hamskea rest can i install it myself properly? Im confident i can if theres no crazy tools or anything weird
Hamskeas are very easy to install. No press required if you set them up limb driven, just a few hex wrenches. Hamskea has detailed install instructions on their website.

Had the same issue. Ended up just getting a proV after spending too much time messing with the qad.

OP
NEWAoutdoors

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah thats what i ended up doing too. Just got a hamskea put on and i feel like i have a new bow. Night and day difference