quadriceps tendinopathy (pain above kneecap)

Vandy321

WKR
What's the fix? It only hurts when I squat parallel or do reverse lunges. Thought I'd rested if for 10 days or so and felt good for 2 sets, than bang. Almost feels like tear, but it's not (I don't think) feels like a pulled muscle ridhe behind my upper knee cap area.

No doc yet, hunt in 2 weeks.

Stretch/LAX ball, Ice/heat, NSAIDs...what else?

Any good stretches or ways to get this to heal up? I often have IT band syndrome ony other knee, some good hip and gluten rolling actually make it go away in a day or so...this feels like a similar pull.

Initially hurt it not warmed up and trying some elevated reverse lunges to gauge the heigh...dummy.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Hunt in 2 weeks, I'd get the juice.
I can walk, run, etc with it, pack doesn't seem to bother it either, it's really just that lunge/squat in the gym that hurts it...

Maybe a bad tendinitis or something, I hurts enough to worry me a bit, but not enough to skip my late rifle hunt.

More just want it fixed so i can get back to squatting again

Voodoo band that thing:

In general search "mobility WOD" + "thing that hurts" is a pretty successful strategy. I've had really good luck with banding for knee pain.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
With tendons there's only one thing I know of.........rest. Also, tendons don't have a great blood supply so they take a stinking long time to recover from painful strains.......like months, not days.

BLEE

FNG
Quadriceps and hamstring stretches, 3x day, did wonders for mine. After a month I dropped to stretching once a day and still no issues. Of course everyone is different. Wish you the best with this.