Quail, chukar, Huns

SEIA

FNG
Hunt a mix of pheasant, bobwhite, prairie chicken, and sharpies between IA and SD but interested in branching out further in the future. Anyone interested in trading a pheasant hunt on private ground in Iowa for another upland bird species? For the right exchange I’d also be willing to give access to some of my whitetail ground in zones 5 or 7 for those guys that have been applying for points.

chemist

FNG
What type of dog do you have? How far are you looking to drive?

There is a lot of public land for chukar, quail and Huns in the west. It is very doable as a public land do it yourself hunt.

My knowledge is mostly of Arizona quail and of Washington pheasant and quail. Arizona has phenomenal bird hunting in years with a good hatch. It is very doable as a DIY. I would not bother with Washington as the upland bird hunting is OK but closer to mediocre.

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
What type of dog do you have? How far are you looking to drive?

There is a lot of public land for chukar, quail and Huns in the west. It is very doable as a public land do it yourself hunt.

My knowledge is mostly of Arizona quail and of Washington pheasant and quail. Arizona has phenomenal bird hunting in years with a good hatch. It is very doable as a DIY. I would not bother with Washington as the upland bird hunting is OK but closer to mediocre.
I have two finished GSP’s, primarily hunt with a friend that has a started dog and another with a pup. Most likely just four of us traveling to hunt. We’re willing to travel anywhere for multiple species if PTO allows it (and the wives.) 2024 is pretty much booked with two trips to SD for sharpies and prairie chickens but 2025 we’ll be venturing further.