WTB Quality Rifle Scope 3-9 or 4-16 Vortex Leupold Bushnell

Mojave77

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to match up older Remington 700 BDL rifle with a “good” scope. This is not my hunting rifle. More for nostalgia. So looking for a good scope. Wanting to spend $100-200. Leupold or Vortex or Bushnell. A few years old. Something that was $500-700 new back in the day.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How about a very nice STEEL older Weaver (made in Texas) K6-1 Micro-Track in gloss blue (didnt have silver back then lol). Duplex reticle, about a 40mm objective. In superb condition for its age, i see 2 very minor rub marks in the spectacular blueing...yeah, real blue on steel, one superficial and one thru the blue however scope rings will cover them, each about 1/8" diameter....glass is PERFECT and I kid you not, the quality of the optics is every bit as good as a much newer Leupold vari-XII in 3x9 set on 6x and compared in the evening right into total darkness. I could not discern any difference whatsoever and I question the validity of so-called state-of-the- art coatings. Its not a heavy scope for its size either being its a straight 6x. Its a very streamlined scope, has generous eye relief and so cool looking....in my opinion a perfect scope for that older BDL......but hey, I might be a bit biased. I will say this though, you will certainly not find for sale a nicer Texas made STEEL Weaver scope such as this. If interested PM me and I will take a few pics and send them to you. Im pretty sure this was a $500 scope new, back in the day adjusted for inflation. Probably more to be honest....for sure as good as any $200 Leupold and a damned sight better than any Vortex scope you are going to buy for $200. Bushnell? There is a guy that still restores these steel Texas Weavers, as they are very sought after.....but you won't need him. Just knowing these fine scopes exist was worth reading this...lol.