Quality tripod for someone 6'7" tall

Steven C

FNG
Ok guys, I'm built like a NFL defensive end 6'7" tall. I've been using a vanguard tripod from Cabelas for years. The head wouldn't hold good any more, So I broke down and bought the outdoorsmans pan head. The legs still work and are in decent shape. Just picked up a ATX 85 in the classifieds on here and wondering if I should just go all new. Thinking of going carbon fiber but don't know if the slik 634 will be tall enough? What other quality taller tripods are out there? Is lightweight carbon fiber prone to blowing over in the wind? Should I just man up and buy the outdoorsmans tall with the extended center post or keep what I already have? I'm not doing back country trips but some up to 3 miles. Thanks in advance guys.

Hi
The best way to go is the Promaster, a favorite on Rokslide. The model SP528CK. It's a carbon fiber and extends to 80" with the supplied head. Since you have a good head already I can deduct and keep the head. This is a fantastic tripod and since you are a forum member it will come with a lifetime no fault warranty. Normally $359.99, the Rokslide price would be $309.99. If you don't need the head I can remove it and the price would drop to $269.99. I am here most of today until 4:30, all day the rest of the week if you have any questions.

BigDog00

WKR
I'm 6'7" and run a Promaster XC525C (outdoorsman pan head) with an angled spotter. It's tall enough to stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
I’m running an Oben CT-2491. Without a head on it, it’s taller than me (6’5”). I wanted to make sure I could stand and use my straight scope and 15’s without straining my neck or stooping.

Dunndm

WKR
I'm 6'7 and I'm not a fan of standing while glassing cause I feel like I'm just sky lining myself... I know it's a dumb way to think, but i never stand, I get comfy with my pck and sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk