Quarantine Daydream

DSY_WA

FNG
With my state now going into the stay at home stage of quarantine, I figured a lot of people are in the same boat of day dreaming of shooting their dream bucks. I imagine that a lot of people think of shooting something over 200" when they're daydreaming, but I want to know how people want to do it. Super wide and trashy buck from a high rack in Sonora? Pringle can mass, chocolate horn, high country Wyoming?

For me it's arrowing a buck standing in it's bed from a near by band of rocks. Something like you'd see in Mike Eastman's high country mule deer book. I haven't even done an archery hunt for mule deer yet, but it's what's been on my mind a lot lately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
There was a pair of bucks last Fall. I still remember how they looked when they created the hill out of my life. Think of them often and am pretty sure I know where to find them if they made it through rifle.

Camping out with my spotter and glassing and patterning an early season monster non typical in Wyoming high country.

Wapiti1

WKR
November 14th, 2027. A steep mountainside in MT. 8-10 inches of new snow with more steadily falling. 20F, light breeze. Thick timber behind, and a large 20 year old clearcut sprawling out and below. 4 does feed about 100 yards out along the top treeline with a small buck dogging them. A clean 4X4 stands guard and every once in a while lets the little guy know he isn't welcome. His rack is tall, deep forks, maybe 25" wide. Typical for this area.

Two hunters positioned behind a stump with a pack on top for a rest. An old Savage 99 in .284 Winchester nested on top of the pack.

"wait 'til he turns"
"OK"
"there you go, squeeze it off when you're ready"
"good shot! reload.............shoot again if he stops"
"he's down, I got him!!"

And my grandson will have taken his first mule deer.

Jeremy

OFFHNTN

WKR
Heavy mass, deep forks, dark rack, stickers, feeding at 21 yards, quartering away.......I just got to full draw........THWACK, perfect shot and pass thru! He ran 70 yards and was down, grosses 203". Don't wake me. :)

TBHasler

WKR
Any deer. Any rack. Anywhere. Eating out of the hand of a naked Jennifer Aniston - who’s alone, cold, lost and needing a tent for the night.
Best hunt eva

OP
DSY_WA

DSY_WA

FNG
November 14th, 2027. A steep mountainside in MT. 8-10 inches of new snow with more steadily falling. 20F, light breeze. Thick timber behind, and a large 20 year old clearcut sprawling out and below. 4 does feed about 100 yards out along the top treeline with a small buck dogging them. A clean 4X4 stands guard and every once in a while lets the little guy know he isn't welcome. His rack is tall, deep forks, maybe 25" wide. Typical for this area.

Two hunters positioned behind a stump with a pack on top for a rest. An old Savage 99 in .284 Winchester nested on top of the pack.

"wait 'til he turns"
"OK"
"there you go, squeeze it off when you're ready"
"good shot! reload.............shoot again if he stops"
"he's down, I got him!!"

And my grandson will have taken his first mule deer.

Jeremy
Love this one, I'll make sure to check in on the 15th!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Lately my day dreams have been high country Nevada (I’ve never been, hope to draw this year) hunting super remote off my back in August.

Something without teeth, in full velvet, gobs of mass, nasty eye guards and an extra or two or ten. Get to the truck, after a long pack out, to be greeted by two or three Dallas cowboys cheerleads and a cooler full of ice cold Coors Light.

Scoot

WKR
208 I was very with you right until who you said who those cheerleaders supported... :)