Quarter Bore!

Azone

WKR
I’ve shot a .257 wby for a long time and it works awesome but if your shots are gonna be under 300 yards I would go for the 25-06. I reload so the 100 dollars a box doesn’t sting me, if I didn’t I would go with the 06 to save money.
I started shooting mine right before the lead ban in CA took place and 100 grain lead bullets were horrible on meat loss and penetration inside 200 yards, explosive and wasteful. Out to 400 ish they were ok but not to great, hit bone and it was explosive and shallow penetrating.
The 100 grain ttsx is what I’ve shot for years and it’s killed everything from ground squirrels to elk. Off the top of my head I can’t remember failing to penetrate anything with the ttsx through and through except for the elk. Elk was 340 something quartering towards me, bang flop but no pass through.
If it’s just black tail under 300 yards a .243 win would be on my radar. I’ve watched my wife kill a lot of things, black tail included with hers.
For shits and grins though, watching a 80 grain ttsx out of a wby hit a coyote going way too fast will definitely leave you not desiring more.