Quebec Moose

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Planning a moose hunt in the next 5 years. Definitely will not have the disposable funds for AK, BC, etc. Seems to be a lot of info here about Newfoundland, which I’ve been researching. Anyone have a good experience in Quebec? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Really hit or miss. Generally Tags are allocated as two hunters per one moose for each allocated territory. outfitters in Quebec are generally a step above loggers and on step below drug dealers,

OP
Phil4

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Really hit or miss. Generally Tags are allocated as two hunters per one moose for each allocated territory. outfitters in Quebec are generally a step above loggers and on step below drug dealers,

Ah thanks, makes sense there isn’t much info. I saw the 2/1 thing on a few sites. Seems odd.

PA Hunter

WKR
Planning a moose hunt in the next 5 years. Definitely will not have the disposable funds for AK, BC, etc. Seems to be a lot of info here about Newfoundland, which I’ve been researching. Anyone have a good experience in Quebec? TIA

You might want to look into Newfoundland I drive up there every other year moose hunting from PA, it’s loaded with moose.

OP
Phil4

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
You might want to look into Newfoundland I drive up there every other year moose hunting from PA, it’s loaded with moose.

Do you have an outfitter you’d recommend?
Appreciate it!

outfitters in Quebec are generally a step above loggers and on step below drug dealers,
Ha! I'm from Quebec and, sadly, this description fits many of the hunters we have here, outfitters or not. I never went with an outfitter but all I can say is that up until very recently Quebec was one of the only place where a non resident could do a DIY OTC moose hunt. The government passed a law forcing NRs to go with outfitters, for no good reason...

PA Hunter

WKR
Do you have an outfitter you’d recommend?
Appreciate it!

I use Roberts Outfitting Deer Lake they have I think 5 different camps. I hunt Rex Lake camp it’s a previous fly in camp but you can drive mostly in 26 kilo on logging road then you get on side by side for 5 kilo.

I park at Deer Lake hotel and outfitter picks me up there I don’t drive my truck on them logging roads I let them ruin their vehicles.

bartman9

FNG
Curious why you say that you will not enjoy the hunt with Brophy and Sons? They are on my list that I am considering. Would love further insight. Thanks!