Quebec spring bear

PAhntr91

WKR
A buddy from work has had bear hunt planned since COVID. With the border being closed he hacouldn’t go. End up asking me to go with him. He says all in about 2000 trip. I’m definitely interested. Especially since he’s telling me that bears haven’t been hunted up there in two seasons. Anyone have experience with Quebec black bears?

Graeme

FNG
That sounds like a good reason to go to Quebec to me. If you go fill us in with some details.

Belleau

FNG
A bit late but if I can help anyone else. The bears in Quebec are definitly small on the scale, but there's some lucky ones that get a mature 250-300 pounds. You can also bait in Quebec. Access to public land is very difficult but a bit less for bear hunt. Moose is the worse to hunt on public. Hunters keep their spots for years with signs posted on trees. I'm a resident and I'm more confident on finding public land to hunt in the us than in my own province, this is crazy. That said, you can go with an outfitter and have a great hunt. But it will deffinitly be not a backpacking/diy kind of trip.