Question about Colorado Draw

I plan on applying for an elk and deer archery tag in the same unit in Colorado. Do I have better odds of getting both if I put in at the same time for the same unit, or will I get one or the other but not both? What has been y'all's experience?

Thanks

Odds are independent because each species is a separate draw process. Research the 2017 statistics by hunt number and you can quickly get an idea what your odds will be.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, good advice above, Google "cpw statistics page" go to it, they have a tutorial on how to read the tables, open up the deer and the elk pages, search for your hunt numbers for the season and unit and see how many points it took to draw first choice for non resident. I personally would go for one or the other and not both unless you can come out for the whole season, but to each their own!

In addition to looking at the CPW stats, I would recommend getting a gohunt.com membership if you are serious about hunting the West. Great resource and will allow you to search for units you might be able to draw both species if that is your goal.

If you want to archery hunt both, put in to draw a deer tag in units that have over the counter elk tags.