Question About Draw Results Data

Crusader

WKR
Hey there guys. My buddy and I want to rifle hunt for antelope in Wyoming this coming fall. We are non-residents. We have zero preference points. I've been doing a lot of research, reading all I can to try to figure out our strategy. Looks like the way to go is to make our first choice a super long shot unit, figuring we won't draw, but get a preference point for next year. Our second , will be one of the units that has 100% draw for second choice. I realize that means areas with difficult public access; we'll try to figure out which one has the best case scenario and go for that one.

But here's my question--the Wyoming F&G site has available the Demand Report - Non-Resident Antelope "NR PP Regular Draw" and the Demand Report - Non-Resident Antelope "NR Random Draw; in our situation, which one should we be looking at to figure out our draw chances, that is, which one applies to us?

Any advice regarding this question and our situation in general, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
25% of non resident tags are set side for a random draw where everyone has a chance to draw. You need to check regular draw odds where applicants are sorted by number of points

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Yep. Wy non res is split into regular and special and those are split into PP or random. You need to look at random in the pool you will be applying for.