question about liners and silnylon shelters

oldgoat

WKR
So I've had my Sawtooth for two seasons now, bought a liner for it when I bought the shelter and haven't even installed it once! I constantly read they stop the condensation but that hasn't been a real problem yet. My real question here, is does the liner make the shelter more hospitable during daylight hours on sunny days??? So far my experience with my Sawtooth and silnylon tarps is they act like a magnifying glass with the sun rays. Even the flat tarp is hot to be under with a breeze blowing!

Old Goat,
I too have the liner for my sawtooth and typically just leave it in when storing so it is always in there. I don't really use it in the summer time or warmer times when the temps don't fluctuate as much since it seems to be unneeded. I agree with you that the shelters create a hot house environment and doesn't take long to heat it up when the sun is out in the more mild temps. I don't think I can say it has made the environment any more hospitable when the sun is out or daylight on sunny days in regards to heat or heat dispersal. I can say however, that when the liner is needed for condensation, it is awesome and well with the $. The other benefit is that it does 'lighten' things up on the inside when darker outside, but that is about it. Hope that helps!

So I've had my Sawtooth for two seasons now, bought a liner for it when I bought the shelter and haven't even installed it once! I constantly read they stop the condensation but that hasn't been a real problem yet. My real question here, is does the liner make the shelter more hospitable during daylight hours on sunny days??? So far my experience with my Sawtooth and silnylon tarps is they act like a magnifying glass with the sun rays. Even the flat tarp is hot to be under with a breeze blowing!