Question about soft shell clothing

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
Does polyester soft shell fabric soften with use/washing? I have a Kings Camo xkg soft shell jacket that is a little noisy for tree stand hunting. Should I expect it to break in and get quiter?

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
Does polyester soft shell fabric soften with use/washing? I have a Kings Camo xkg soft shell jacket that is a little noisy for tree stand hunting. Should I expect it to break in and get quiter?

I wish I could help more, but I just bought a pair of their lone peak pants, which I believe is the same fabric. It’s definitely noisy, so I’m hoping it will quiet down some as well. I feel like it will at least a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could help more, but I just bought a pair of their lone peak pants, which I believe is the same fabric. It’s definitely noisy, so I’m hoping it will quiet down some as well. I feel like it will at least a bit.

Did you buy the new version or the old version?

Which jacket did you buy? Also, is it a new or older version?

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
Did you buy the new version or the old version?

I’m pretty sure it’s the old version since it was such a discount price. I couldn’t find any info on the differences between the new version and the old

I’m pretty sure it’s the old version since it was such a discount price. I couldn’t find any info on the differences between the new version and the old

I have been looking at the same ones, jacket and pants. Looks like a different textile on the newer ones, unless it's just the new fleece coming through. Almost looks like it would be quieter. Been debating on getting the old style for over 1/2 the price or trying the new stuff to really see if there's a difference.

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking at the same ones, jacket and pants. Looks like a different textile on the newer ones, unless it's just the new fleece coming through. Almost looks like it would be quieter. Been debating on getting the old style for over 1/2 the price or trying the new stuff to really see if there's a difference.

Ok yeah you might be right about that. That’s where I was at too. $75 was just too good to pass up for me so I went for it. They’re definitely loud. But a loud jacket is more concerning to me than loud pants since I do a lot of bow hunting from a a tree stand. I think the trade off with that loud fabric will be a lot of durability and weather resistance though.

Last edited:
OP
J

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
Ok yeah you might be right about that. That’s where I was at too. $75 was just too good to pass up for me so I went for it. They’re definitely loud. But a loud jacket is more concerning to me than loud pants since I do a lot of bow hunting from a a tree stand. I think the trade off with that loud fabric will be a lot of durability and weather resistance though.

They are nice garments. I'm hoping someone on here that has put some miles on them can chime in about how much they soften up with use.

I’ve got Kuiu guide soft shell and it has softened a ton with use and washing. Absolutely love that jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro