Question about Tikka models/variants

clockworkgator

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking hard at the Tikka Lite and Super Lite. I want stainless, but like the fluting on the SL. Today I came across what's listed as an "exclusive" SL with the SS barrel on an OD Green stock. Which would be great, but I can't find on Tikka's website (which, side note, leaves much to be desired from a specs/info standpoint) that variant actually exists based on the product #, etc. I've got a line out to the seller to verify, but figured someone here might know (or have one).

Thanks in advance for the help! (I'm a walnut guy, so I'm sort of agonizing over details!)

M

amassi

WKR
Someone on here recently purchased that very rifle with the black fluted barrel and od green stock. Looked pretty slick
If the seller has a pic of the box the barrel length and twist will be on the box. Dollars to donuts: it's the same as all the superlites so you can get a pretty good idea on sportsmans warehouse or cabelas or gunbroker.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
C

clockworkgator

Lil-Rokslider
Someone on here recently purchased that very rifle with the black fluted barrel and od green stock. Looked pretty slick
If the seller has a pic of the box the barrel length and twist will be on the box. Dollars to donuts: it's the same as all the superlites so you can get a pretty good idea on sportsmans warehouse or cabelas or gunbroker.

Thanks for reply. Everyone selling it online has a "pic coming soon" placeholder, but all says it's stainless not black. There are pics of the ODG with black barrel, so I'm hoping this is a special version in SS. It's just a 6.5cm so I'm not worried about going too light. Thanks again.

amassi

WKR
I'd imagine its simply an ultra lite stainless that's been coated

Sled

WKR
buy the superlite and sell the stock. or buy a superlite and a hunter (wood stock). swap the stocks on the guns and sell the standard with the green stock. they look good, are something different and different sells.

OP
C

clockworkgator

Lil-Rokslider
buy the superlite and sell the stock. or buy a superlite and a hunter (wood stock). swap the stocks on the guns and sell the standard with the green stock. they look good, are something different and different sells.
I'm planning to get it specifically for the synthetic stock. If I was going to get another walnut, it probably wouldn't be the Tikka.

Sled

WKR
well, tikka likes to use the term "exclusive" when they sell it to everyone but you. several dealers seem to get the same exclusive tikkas. it's not far fetched that a green stock could end up on a run of the mill stainless superlite that they already make.

OP
C

clockworkgator

Lil-Rokslider
well, tikka likes to use the term "exclusive" when they sell it to everyone but you. several dealers seem to get the same exclusive tikkas. it's not far fetched that a green stock could end up on a run of the mill stainless superlite that they already make.
Ha. Got it. Thanks for the info.

Stalker69

WKR
Wondering what will be new after the shot show, I would like to see it with the green stock and in 6.5 prc !

jonathond

FNG
What would replace the stock with? Are there good aftermarket options?

Sled

WKR
I'd get a mesa precision altitude if it were me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
Sportsman’s locally (well as local as I can get) has the T3X Superlite in LH stainless “exclusive” to Sportsman’s. It’s actually $50 less on their website than the price on the tag, they said they will obviously honor the web pricing. They have 6.5, .308, and a couple magnums of some variety.

I’ve tried really, really hard to like them, but I just can’t. I just can’t see paying almost double for something so similar to a Ruger American. In fact I had every intention of buying both non-magnums yesterday just because. But I walked out empty handed after fondling them awhile. They just don’t grab on to me like the real Sako’s do. My loss I’m sure.

16Bore

WKR
Probably more like it. 95 LRX, chop it to 20”, and a SWFA UL Scope.

At least the scope is in the mail....

Motown

WKR
I believe the rifle you are looking at is going to be blued/green stock. I know that a lot of pics out there show stainless but they are all blued. I bought a similar rifle a few years ago that was a limited run and had a camo stock with blued fluted barrel in 308. I ended up dropping this rifle into a mcmillan and it is one of the most accurate rifles I own and has become my go to woods gun.