Question for Gaia GPS Users

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm thinking about dropping OnX and going with Gaia since it seems Camofire will no longer be selling OnX. I've downloaded the trial version of Gaia and was wondering if any Gaia users know a way to only show wildfires and timber cuts that are "recent". OR if there is a way to have it display the year of the timber cut or fire without having to click on it to look at the info?
In OnX it seems to only show recent stuff since I see a lot of info in Gaia that isn't there in OnX. I also like that OnX shows the year of events. I can see the value in showing all data like Gaia does, but it is a pain if I have to click on every one of them. Some of the info I see in Gaia is from 40-50 years ago. Is there an easy way to pick these apart in Gaia?

OP
B

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
You may have to pay for the pro version for those types of data layers. Well worth it.
I think the trial gives me all of the layers. It's a 3 month trial. But maybe there are more features to break the layer apart in the non-trial version?

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, exactly. Much more functionality with the pro version to include a lot more layers.

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
On the fire overlays there is a current overlay and a historic overlay. The older the fire the less red they are so you can kind of judge the date by the colors. You still need to click on them for the full info. You need to click on the timber overlay for the info too.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
B

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
On the fire overlays there is a current overlay and a historic overlay. The older the fire the less red they are so you can kind of judge the date by the colors. You still need to click on them for the full info. You need to click on the timber overlay for the info too.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
This is what I’m finding. I wish the timber layer had the color coding for age like the fire does