question for longhunter users

hflier

WKR
I would use long pockets. I have also strapped the tripod to the outside using the compression straps. Two legs under and one leg over the straps.

OP
fillthefreezer
i have thought about long pockets, just seems id be getting pretty wide at that point and i think they might swing a little due to the weight and not being real tight.

I know Justin Davis has used a Longhunter extensively the last few years. You might send him a PM. I am sure he could answer that one.

Gman

WKR
I had one and for a while I either found room in the main bag or lashed the tripod to the side in the compression straps and either lashed the spotter in the same way or sandwiched it between the bag and lid. I then got a KU long pocket for the spotter and still lashed the tripod to the outside. I drew up all sorts of sketches for a cool sleeve to carry the spotter and tripod on the Longhunter then the Timberline was invented. So I sold my long hunter and bought a Timberline. :)

OP
fillthefreezer
at first i was just stuffing them in the main pouch, then started using the hydration sleeve to keep them in place, have strapped them outside a few times, just dont really like any of these options...

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
I just have my partner carry it. One thing I look for in a partner is top notch optics ;)