Question for you Tikka guys...

desertcj

WKR
All I see offered are 7mm Rem mag and 300 win mag. Are these actions able to be used with 300 RUM? With aftermarket bottom metal and aics mags?

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain Tactical makes a LA AICS bottom metal for the Tikka T3. Paired with the right magazine you’d be able to hold factory ammunition.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The action itself is too short. I had a 300 win mag that I loaded really long (like a RUM) and I not only had to single feed, but also would have to slide the bolt out to eject loaded rounds.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Thought they had a 300 WSM? That’s about all the 30 I’d want out of a 7# rifle. ‘06 was plenty for me...

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
3.6" is fine for a win mag but short for a RUM. Most people I know run their RUM's at about 3.9" or longer.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
OK, that's what I was afraid of. What would be the point being shown in this picture then? https://tikkaperformance.com/bottom-metal?product_id=189133
Are you planning on hand loading ever? If not it would work. Only issue would be resale value to a hand loader. Tikka is a great action that shines with short action cartridges. Especially for hand loaders that seat bullets out long. So if you plan to build it, never sell it, and only use factory ammunition. It could work for you.