Question on Crisip Lapponia, Crossover and Attiva Mid

2-Stix

WKR
I was looking at a lighter boot, I have Nevadas and Wyomings currently.

Whats your thoughts on the Lapponia, Crossover and Attiva Mid...what might be the best choice if I had to pick one. Looking for a warm weather boot, antelope, early mule deer, day temps 75-85, Eastern Oregon hunts. Also for camping, hiking and backpacking when not hunting.

I might replace my Salomon Quest 4D GTX with these. But something with better Gore, breathability...

Thanks.

Last edited:

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Of those 3 I've only had the crossover. They are a really good hiking boot. They quickly became my everyday shoes. I run summit gtx and Colorado gtx for my early archery boots though to get a little more ankle support.

Jimss

WKR
Boot height for me is important. I hate when cheatgrass and other plants get in my boots and socks. A little taller boot may also keep your ankle area from getting wet if there is early morning dew or rain. Also a little more ankle support.

I just bought a pair of Thor’s and think they may be my favorite crispi yet. They are very similar to Wyoming’s but a chunk lighter.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Boot height for me is important. I hate when cheatgrass and other plants get in my boots and socks. A little taller boot may also keep your ankle area from getting wet if there is early morning dew or rain. Also a little more ankle support.

I just bought a pair of Thor’s and think they may be my favorite crispi yet. They are very similar to Wyoming’s but a chunk lighter.
How are the thor's for waterproofing? I know the Nevadas are great.

Jimss

WKR
I just got Thor’s and haven’t been in snow yet. It’s been dry here in colo! I bet they are similar to the Wyo’s and I’ve had 0 problem with wet feet. I wear my Wyo’s year round but want something a chunk lighter. I always wanted all leather but have been impressed with how my Wyo’s have held up. I use and abuse them every day in the field at work. My Wyo’s and all leather idahos are about as heavy as I want to lug around so the lighter Thor’s ought to be amazing.

sgholmes

FNG
Following - interested to hear more about the Lapponias. I have the Attiva Mids, which feel more like a sneaker/trail running shoe. I could see them being used for warm weather spot and stalk hunts, but would like a bit more of a boot feel.