Question on insoles and socks

I'm a big guy and I know I probably have some nerve damage and etc in my feet but what kind of socks do you guys wear or insoles? My right foot constantly feels like the sock is bunched up. How do I correct this? Even my doc scratches her head on this one.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I broke my second toe on my right foot in high school, and ever since it literally feels like the bottom of my foot right where the toes connect is convex.........rounded towards the shoe. Then I broke my big toe on the same foot in Jan, and it's even worse now. Feels like a separate bunched up sock under there no matter what shoes I'm wearing........and even walking bare foot. So.......I have no idea what to tell you. I just put up with it. In my hunting boots I'm always taking them off right after putting my foot in and trying to smooth down the lump in the insole there..........that doesn't exist.:mad:

But I always use a thin poly liner sock under thin Smartwool Classics and Superfeet Orange insoles.

Last edited:

kissell59

FNG
I've heard a lot of good things about Super Feet insoles, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Everything is going to be personal preference though, save some money purchase what you can and test them out. I do have some fox river and darn tough socks and I like them both. Goodluck!

Rob5589

WKR
Could try a custom orthotic insole. I use an inexpensive insole and Darn Tough sock. No slipping, no bunching, no hot spots.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I injured the arch of my right foot in the Marine Corps when humping a heavy pack, I sucked it up for a couple weeks and finally went and saw a navy doc, He told me to buy the green super feet and I have been sold ever since. I used them in low quality jungle boots to high-quality mountain boots. And for my feet smart wool phd works best.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
If it is a nerve issue causing this sensation then it will likely persist regardless if you change insoles, socks or even the boot. These things can be complicated. If you have not already done so, you may consider a visit to neurologist or neurosurgeon. Any numbness or tingling in the foot or toes? The nerve issue may not be originating in the foot, it could also be from an issue with the nerve root in the lower spine which could explain the odd sensation in one foot and not the other.

Super feet are 60% off on Expertvoice for the next 6 days.

Anyone ever try the Flex or FlexMax? Thinking I will grab one of those and a pair of Blue. I’m not crazy about the Coppers I picked up ~6 months ago.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Sheepfeet. Much more expensive than superfeet but so much better imo

Last edited:

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Super feet are 60% off on Expertvoice for the next 6 days.

Anyone ever try the Flex or FlexMax? Thinking I will grab one of those and a pair of Blue. I’m not crazy about the Coppers I picked up ~6 months ago.
Yes I run a flex thin in a low volume boot and a flex with merino wool in a mid weight boot. I like them and they don't seem to damage the gortex lining

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk