Question on Mystery Ranch Mule

I'm curious to know if there is an easy way to attach a bow to the Mystery Ranch Mule. It looks like you could potentially utilize the side compression straps to wrap around a piece of the bow, but wasn't 100% sure. I'm primarily concerned about this when packing out meat. If you have a quarter on the pack, can you also strap the bow to it so you can be hands free or use trekking poles? Any info or advice is appreciated!

TravisIN

WKR
Mine mule bag is supposed to be in tomorrow. I’ll do some experimenting with it when it gets in and lll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
So after a quick look today I don’t see any obvious way to carry a bow. If you picked up a couple extra belts and buckles you could attach it between the two black loops on the sides of the bag. I’ll do some more looking and messing in a couple days but today all I did was basically put the bags on the frame

TravisIN

WKR
https://www.mysteryranch.com/removable-stick-it-pocket

You could lash a bow to your pack with this even with the load shelf full of meat

Good idea. My concern with that is that if you put the bottom cam in that you might be too heavy and have the bow fall out. If that makes sense. I think if you went with two of these attached to the black rubber coated loops you’d be good. Or combine the two for an even better setup. That combination may be the most secure setup. https://www.mysteryranch.com/autolock-quick-attach-accessory-strap

NDGuy

WKR
That pack was way too small and minimalist for me which is why I have been running a Pintler or Sawtooth.

The Cabinet even would be a better choice.

HuntWyld

WKR
That pack was way too small and minimalist for me which is why I have been running a Pintler or Sawtooth.

I run the cabinet and it is by far the best all around daypack/meat hauler I’ve ever seen

OP
cohunter14
I think if you went with two of these attached to the black rubber coated loops you’d be good. Or combine the two for an even better setup. That combination may be the most secure setup. https://www.mysteryranch.com/autolock-quick-attach-accessory-strap

That's exactly what I was thinking.

This is going to be strictly a daypack. And as a daypack if this doesn't give me enough space, I have a problem with packing way too much crap.

HuntWyld

WKR
I just ordered one so I’ll let you know how it works

Yes report back and maybe some pictures? Ide be curious how it works and may have to add this to my cabinet pack

TravisIN

WKR
Yes report back and maybe some pictures? Ide be curious how it works and may have to add this to my cabinet pack

Will do. I bought the bag to use with my GL frame for whitetails and turkeys for packing stands and blinds on run and gun sets. With the mule you can access the load shelf much easier than the with my metcalf on so it makes it very easy for those things. I’m gonna try and post pics of it loaded up with a stand and a blind also. A couple of these straps should come in pretty handy

prm

WKR
Just put the bow on the load shelf. Or, the Mule has six rubberized attachment points you could use to secure the bow using additional straps when you have meat on the load shelf. At a glance, for a one-time load packing out meat and the bow, I’d probably just run a strap or paracord from the top of the frame or the top two attachment points down and back up to support the weight of the bow. Then a strap or two laterally to either the frame or side attachment points to secure the bow.
I packed out a whole deboned mule deer with my MR Mule, but I had a rifle with a sling.

edwal

FNG
I’m considering the Mule myself. Could you fit both ( bone in) front quarters of an elk in there? I’d love to know a true answer because it is fairly common that I need to do this. Thanks . Ed

NDGuy

WKR
I’m considering the Mule myself. Could you fit both ( bone in) front quarters of an elk in there? I’d love to know a true answer because it is fairly common that I need to do this. Thanks . Ed
I'd go Pintler or Sawtooth if you are elk hunting, the Mule is pretty small. They should have named it the Mouse.

HuntWyld

WKR
I'd go Pintler or Sawtooth if you are elk hunting, the Mule is pretty small. They should have named it the Mouse.

The mule has a load shelf between the frame and the bag that expands to haul quarters, gear, etc. The cabinet is in that same daypack size range for the bag but has a load shelf that should not have a problem with 2 front quarters this is the photo of the cabinet on there website and that is not with the load shelf straps extended all the way.
97357C91-7BEA-4E14-8CC5-0DE119BCF8E1.png

NDGuy

WKR
The mule has a load shelf between the frame and the bag that expands to haul quarters, gear, etc. The cabinet is in that same daypack size range for the bag but has a load shelf that should not have a problem with 2 front quarters this is the photo of the cabinet on there website and that is not with the load shelf straps extended all the way.
Was just my opinion, yes you CAN haul out with it, but that pack is insanely small. Let alone to be hauling out a load like in your picture and then have to try to attach a gun, bow, trekking poles to it. I still think OP would be better served with something with a bit more room.

HuntWyld

WKR
Was just my opinion, yes you CAN haul out with it, but that pack is insanely small. Let alone to be hauling out a load like in your picture and then have to try to attach a gun, bow, trekking poles to it. I still think OP would be better served with something with a bit more room.

I agree There’s a solid chance those larger packs could do the job more comfortably especially with added gear. I was just trying to answer the question of could it be done effectively. Was not trying to go against your statement. I personally like running a day pack style rig that I can haul bone in quarters with as well. I used to use a badlands 2200 for this job which was a bit rough but it’s what I had. I’ve recently gone to the cabinet to keep that same lightweight minimal gear setup and didn’t want to run a multi day pack all the time but still needed something that could haul out quarters like a champ. This pack fit the bill for me but there is a dozen ways to skin a cat, this is just one. There’s a cool video on YouTube where they stick an entire gutted antelope in the load shelf of this pack and haul it out whole. I think whichever pack you decide if it’s a mystery ranch with a load shelf then you’ll be impressed.