Question on Salomon Quest 4Ds

NDGuy

WKR
So I ate my own words and went back and bought this boot since it was on sale for a buck 20 on Amazon. I've worn them a few times now and noticed I am getting some foot soreness on the out edges of my feet, is this common for these boots? I've heard that they have a 10-15 mile break in. I haven't wore them over any rough terrain, a few hilly wooded areas near my place and on sidewalk walking my dog.

I really like this boot for how snug they feel and the ankle support you get from them so I would rather not return them if possible.

Any thoughts or ideas from those of you that have this boot or encountered similar issues? I always wear Darn Tough hiker socks with them.

wildcat33

WKR
If it's bad enough to post about it and you can still return them that's what I would do.

Or just grind it out and wear them until they stretch a bit and see if that works. If they don't work for you throw them on the classifieds and move on.

It's a great boot for me, but if it don't fit you, it don't fit you!

BuckSnort

WKR
My wife and I bought some about 2 months ago, I have put about 50 miles on mine so far and they just get more comfortable.. Try walking though some wet grass or some water so the outside material can get saturated and put about 3 miles on them while they are wet... If they don't stretch in and get more comfortable then I'd ditch them..

FWIW mine were a little tight on the tops of my feet at first but I think a combination of break in and experementing with how tight to lace them cured it..

My first pair I have had for about 2 years now. I had tightness on my outer parts of my feet and sometimes on top for approx 20 miles. I wear them everyday now the last two winters and they are just as comfortable as gym shoes. At first I loosened the lower laces and kept them tight above the lace lock which seemed to help. Also, switched to a little thinner sock the first few times wearing which helped also. As long as it is just discomfort and not a lot of pain they should stretch out and be a great boot - at least that has been my experience. I have a narrow heal, high arch and wider forefoot. Not wide just boxy with longer toes on the outer range of medium. Most boots I try on get sent back but these worked out for me. Take a little patience which I typically lack. Just picked up another pair to dedicate to hunting so will be starting the process again. Good luck with them.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Everyone's foot is different, if they don't fit send them back. Mine fit good and didn't have any problems right away. Have you had boots that fit good right from the start?

I too had the sides of my feet hurt from the quest 4D boots. I do notice now that it's not as bad anymore. I've got close to 200 miles on them now and they are broke in. Especially after getting them wet and putting boots on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk