question on spartan javelin bipod

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s the mount. Definetly seems rok solid until you carry it slung for 10 miles a day. I never made it to lunch without it loosening up on my Tikka.

Have you tried flipping it around 180 degrees? Loctite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I know Ryan Avery loves this thing, wonder if he has any input

eamyrick

WKR
Have you tried flipping it around 180 degrees? Loctite?

I didn’t try loctite but did finally torque it with a fat wrench and it didn’t seem to help. There would be no issue if you used a gun bearer. It’s the sling that’s causing the issue in my case.

tdhanses

WKR
I have to agree the Spartan is horrible I mean look at this 15rd group from today, I love this thing and have probably close to 500rds shot off it just this year between my 270wsm and 223rem.

Attachments

• 6C5F9742-AABC-451B-8615-AB8B3F8B1E50.jpeg
    6C5F9742-AABC-451B-8615-AB8B3F8B1E50.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I have to agree the Spartan is horrible I mean look at this 15rd group from today, I love this thing and have probably close to 500rds shot off it just this year between my 270wsm and 223rem.

Great shooting.
How secure is your mount?

tdhanses

WKR
Great shooting.
How secure is your mount?

It’ll move if I try to move it but it will not freely move. I personally like the little bit it’ll move as I don’t like a completely locked down rock solid not gonna move setup, I like that I can adjust when behind the scope yet still be firm enough to stay on target.

I like to set the tilt so it’s firm but can still move and I’m not messing with it once set. There are two ways to mount the bipod, one where it’ll not really move left to right yet still has a little play, if you rotate it and reinstall it’ll then it’ll freely rotate left to right. I also always load it or put a little forward pressure on it.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
It’ll move if I try to move it but it will not freely move. I personally like the little bit it’ll move as I don’t like a completely locked down rock solid not gonna move setup, I like that I can adjust when behind the scope yet still be firm enough to stay on target.

I like to set the tilt so it’s firm but can still move and I’m not messing with it once set. There are two ways to mount the bipod, one where it’ll not really move left to right yet still has a little play, if you rotate it and reinstall it’ll then it’ll freely rotate left to right. I also always load it or put a little forward pressure on it.

how about on a sling?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I talked to them at western hunt.

They know of this problem and suggest installing a gunsmith adapter for the ultimate. The other thing they mentioned is to flip the adapter over so sling is towards front of rifle. The last thing they suggested is using a little silicone between the rifle and adapter. He said silicone will not damage the stock and give it more bite.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
So I talked to them at western hunt.

They know of this problem and suggest installing a gunsmith adapter for the ultimate. The other thing they mentioned is to flip the adapter over so sling is towards front of rifle. The last thing they suggested is using a little silicone between the rifle and adapter. He said silicone will not damage the stock and give it more bite.

I appreciate the advice
I’ll try the flipping and then silicone. If they don’t work, I might get the smith adapter

I appreciate the advice
I’ll try the flipping and then silicone. If they don’t work, I might get the smith adapter

Any update on this? I was having the same issue on a Tikka T3 synthetic stock. Thanks!

amassi

WKR
Any update on this? I was having the same issue on a Tikka T3 synthetic stock. Thanks!
Unknownmunitions.com spartan flush mount rail. Countersunk in stock with 2 screws. Won't slip
669df3d6b00b67c1d3f8889abff0d314.jpg
55fc808ce785da3022064d94682c5539.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk