Question on waders and noise

Wapiti1

WKR
I've been fishing a bit lately for smallies and breaking in my new waders (Dryft pant waders). They are pretty loud, but getting better as I wear them more. That said, they aren't going to be quiet. The Simms G3 pants I used (borrowed) were about the same for noise, especially going through brush.

For those that live in their waders during a hunt, how much does this matter?

Jeremy

Also looking for an answer to this.

Pretty sure I’m going to order some G3 waders and g3 guide boots for my 2022 AK moose hunt. Will use that as wet weather lower part of outerwear. On dry days wear same G3 boots with Chota Tundras and temp appropriate pants. Can roll tundras up if need to cross moderate water.

Trying to decide what to wear to top for wet weather. Torn between HH Impertech 3/4 length, or a high dollar (kuiu etc) rain jacket. Also wondering s as bout the Simms g3 jacket. Seems like if good enough for wader material, damn sure work as rain jacket. Again… what s about noise? Not familiar with this martial.

Lastly… this G3 stuff is pretty low profile and light, isn’t it? No thermal qualities or bulk? Okay for moderate walking?

Plan to hunt exclusively in G3 wading boots either with waders or Chita tundras. Is that a mistake?

I went though this 2 years ago. Anything 100% water proof will be noisy. Anything water resistant will be quiet, but eventually soak through. It's the material.

Although I brought quiet rain gear from Cabela's and it's amazing. We got rained on, but not a down pour. I was dry.

I went though this 2 years ago. Anything 100% water proof will be noisy. Anything water resistant will be quiet, but eventually soak through. It's the material.

Although I brought quiet rain gear from Cabela's and it's amazing. We got rained on, but not a down pour. I was dry.
10-4

The waders and boots are on order. I’ll learn more here by end of next week.

Tod osier

WKR
I've been fishing a bit lately for smallies and breaking in my new waders (Dryft pant waders). They are pretty loud, but getting better as I wear them more. That said, they aren't going to be quiet. The Simms G3 pants I used (borrowed) were about the same for noise, especially going through brush.

For those that live in their waders during a hunt, how much does this matter?

Jeremy

if it bothers you, you can wear a pair of light bibs over top. A pair of soft and light bibs sized to fit over would work well if you are concerned with noise And offer protection. I know a guy who does this to protect his waders when duck hunting, he says it is the greatest thing since sliced bread (but he also says that a lot about anything he touches :) ).

I probably wouldn’t worry about it.

if it bothers you, you can wear a pair of light bibs over top. A pair of soft and light bibs sized to fit over would work well if you are concerned with noise And offer protection. I know a guy who does this to protect his waders when duck hunting, he says it is the greatest thing since sliced bread (but he also says that a lot about anything he touches :) ).

I probably wouldn’t worry about it.
Yep. I have read where some people do that.
Thanks

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
After breaking my waders in fishing through the summer, I didn't worry about it and just let them be noisy.

After going last fall, I am of the opinion, it doesn't matter.

Jeremy

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s never been an issue for me. I pretty much live out of Simms g3 waders this time of year (not so much this year unfortunatly).