Question re: 10x42 Binocular Choice

GySgtFTL

FNG
I've been researching 10x42 binos (online) for about a week now and have narrowed my choices to three. I'd appreciate some opinions regarding which of the three would be the best choice. Honestly I am leaning toward the Steiners due to the fact that I've owned Steiners before and were pleased with them. The three finalists are:

Steiner Tactical 10 x 42
Maven C.1 10 x 42
German Precision Optics Passion ED 10 x 42

Thanks in advance for the advice.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Steiner would be above the Passion ED and below the Passion HD. I have no opinion on Maven as I've never seen one

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gunny-

Don't forget the manufacturers that provide great military discounts. Some alpha glass can be had for retail of "B" glass in most cases. PM sent

OP
G

GySgtFTL

FNG
Team4LongGun I attempted to answer your PM but apparently one must have a number of posts in order to answer a PM. Regardless, thanks for the info. And yes...retired Gunny.

OP
G

GySgtFTL

FNG
I ended up purchasing the Steiner Tactical 10x42. So far I am pleased but then I've never looked through a pair of Swarovski or Leica binos either. I suppose I am blissfully ignorant.

I ended up purchasing the Steiner Tactical 10x42. So far I am pleased but then I've never looked through a pair of Swarovski or Leica binos either. I suppose I am blissfully ignorant.
Be happy to be blissfully ignorant, you will save yourself a lot of money in the long run. There are so many good "budget friendly" options these days, in fact the budget option of today can be better than the higher priced items of yesteryear. If your equipment serves your needs then there is no need to pursue what you are missing, that can be a game of never-ending choices (take it from someone who's been down that road far too often :))