Question ?

Opah

WKR
If you set up a pulley up at the tree tops, would you get a better and farther dispersal than setting it up 5 or 6 foot high
Now At tree top high could it disperse too high to be effective for the hogs ? Now I know Hogs can smell stuff feet under ground so why couldn't they smell a scent 20 or feet in the air ? Now weather the hog bombs work or not is not the issue I have already bought them and just trying to figure out how to get the best out of them.
All thoughts are welcome please, I want to fill three tags this trip out.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience personally being a western hunter but I’ve always been told the higher up in the tree you are the less you have to worry about deer smelling you because your scent is blowing way further down wind before hitting ground level. I would assume the same would apply here and it would reach hogs further away but wouldn’t necessarily attract them directly to you. If it’s dripping liquid down and you are getting scent on the ground and in the tree then I would think you would get the best of both worlds. Same could be accomplished by putting one in each location?

Rich M

WKR
What are you doing with a pulley?

Pigs are pretty basic. Find the wet areas, then find the sign, then follow it to the pigs.

Bait and scents will work if you put em where the pigs travel.

Wapiti1

WKR
For scent dispersal, higher is better for distance, but you exclude a cone around the scent creating thing the higher you go. The other negative is the scent is diluted more the higher you go. It may not be possible for the animal to locate the generation source. If they scent it a mile away, they'll eventually hit the exclusion cone and lose the scent.

I wouldn't go higher than 10 feet for anything I wanted within 1/4 mile or so. Pay attention to low areas like creek bottoms where scent will settle and travel farther.

Jeremy

But I was told you always kill pigs from a ground blind by first first falling asleep in your chair and blasting em from 15' when their grunting wakes you up. roflmao3[1].gif

Last edited:
Might ask Bubblehide if he does...Bubble somehow always ended up field dressing Opah's hogs due to skill absentia. True story.