QUESTIONS FOR EXO - Podcast

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Roksliders -

I will be hitting a couple shows for the RokCast this winter. I'm reaching out for customer questions you'd like answered from companies.

If you have any questions for Exo Mountain Gear please post them below. This IS NOT a discussion, please just post questions you'd like answered on the podcast. Thanks everyone!

jofes

WKR
Do they recommend using the meat shelf area like SG does for extra space? I just got the K3 4800 and on longer trips a may need more space for food and it seems like using the meat shelf area with a dry bag would be better than buying a bigger pack.
Thanks.

Outlaw99

WKR
Has their new system/ belt solved any issues for leaner, smaller waist people who had troubles with the small belt/k2 system staying up on their hips under a load.

Randle

WKR
would like to know when the new horn hauler might be coming out. and what changes are expected

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Will they ever consider making an every day carry pack? I'm seeing a lot of interest for whitetail hunters and sometimes an early season a smaller EDC bag would be perfect for easterners.

Any tips/suggestions on strapping Alaskan moose bone-in quarter onto a K3 pack? Will longer lashing straps be required? I believe Steve and Lenny did an AK moose hunt a couple years back.

Gutshotem

WKR
Will they be attending the great american outdoor show in Harrisburg PA? Be nice if us easterners could get fitted properly for a pack.

albow720

FNG
Not really a question but would like to see them make a day pack with its own suspension that could also be attached to the frame if needed. A 2000 cu in edc pack that could also be used scouting and come season out it on the frame and go. Perfect for PA whitetail hunting.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a downside to running the taller frame all the time, even when not packing out meat? Are there positives to rocking the shorter setting then switching to taller when you bring down an animal?

Changing the frame from the shorter setting to the taller one is easy at home but I can see it being really annoying In the field, especially after all the work you have to do when breaking down an animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
Can their frame be used without the extension in place? Essentially decreasing the overall height by an inch or so, for a day pack.

Primarily interested in this option while using their largest bag in day pack mode.

K9Kelly

WKR
Any plans for Coyote in future? And previously, did demand for Coyote diminish or what lead to droppng the color?

Tempe.243

FNG
What is the best way to keep the K2 from "squeaking? I have cleaned that pack but it still makes a sound during lateral movement.

Has their new system/ belt solved any issues for leaner, smaller waist people who had troubles with the small belt/k2 system staying up on their hips under a load.
K3 small belt on my 4800 works great for me. I'm 5'8", 164 pounds with a 30 inch waist size in Levis. I do have "hips", but not much. My waist and hips are the same diameter, but my hip bones stick out slightly and the tissue just above them compresses when I tighten the belt. Super comfortable and secure. I can wear the K3 belt just below the belt on my pants with zero interference or discomfort. Nice to be able to wear a regular belt while carrying my pack.

I've been bicycle camping 3 times in the past 3 weeks and carried 68 pounds with no problems at all. Stays up very well.
20200121_104223.jpg

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
What is the best way to keep the K2 from "squeaking? I have cleaned that pack but it still makes a sound during lateral movement.
Medical tape wrapped around the top of the frame where the fabric sits on top has solved that for most guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk