Questions for SEEK OUTSIDE - Podcast

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Post up your questions from Seek Outside here and we'll get them answered on a podcast. Thanks!

Clarence

WKR
What is the life expectancy of the spark arrestor screen on a xl box stove? Mine started falling out on day 6, and day 7 wouldn't stay in place. Any tips to combat this? Would you recommend taking a second screen on longer hunts?

Is the U-turn as sturdy as a box stove for cooking? Usually have two pots going with about a liter each. What does a traditional box stove do better than a U-turn stove?

Great job on the podcast Jordan! Always appreciate your perspectives.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Any plans to make a specific nests for a 12man tipi such as 1/2 or individuals?

Any plans to offer longer sod skirts/side walls on Cimarron or Redcliff?

Any plans to offer a large Courthouse?

Is the Big Mamma stove still available for larger tents? no listed on the site.

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
Any plans to offer a 18-20 man sized tipi? Pretty big gap between 16 and 24 for those looking to get into a bigger sized wall tent alternative. Thanks!

Phaseolus

WKR
Do I have to tell the Wife when I buy more SO equipment? I bought an Eolus recently and was trying to figure out how to tell the Wife. I set it up in the yard last Thursday and She asked why I was setting up my tarp again (DST). I told her I was trying a new pitch I had read about...

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to know more about wind and snow ratings/guidelines/recommendations for their shelters and tents....particularly the LBO tarp vs SO tipis? I've seen some pretty impressive youtube videos of shelters in wind but want to hear what there recommendation/feedback would be. Also generally what makes one shelter model stand up better to wind/snow than their other models? Thanks!

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Any plans for anything larger than the Redcliff in Dyneema?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Would they recommend the 8 man tipi for an AK caribou hunt? No wind breaks of any kind, just flat tundra where the shelter will have to take all the wind. Thanks.