Questions from an Antelope Novice

SharkDog

FNG
Good info in here. I am just getting into hunting and think that a 2020 pronghorn hunt would be a good way to get to started in the big game world.

What's a reasonable trespass fee?

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
Depends. We were in the Ogallala grasslands and it was ridiculously crowded. We saw a few private parts with goats all over. Had we been able to contact the landowners we were prepared to throw a few hundred at them to use their fields.

SharkDog

FNG
Depends. We were in the Ogallala grasslands and it was ridiculously crowded. We saw a few private parts with goats all over. Had we been able to contact the landowners we were prepared to throw a few hundred at them to use their fields.

Got ya. Thanks for the response.

Yes, YES ! an ice chest WITH ICE, maybe 2 and make them as large as you've got - field dress asap, get the hide off and the meat on ice as soon as possible - their hair stinks so keep it away from the meat - antelope are a smelly animal but, as stated, the meat is second to none
AND be careful of those glands on the cheeks mentioned by another hunter ! I had no idea and have unknowingly ruined quite a bit of meat ! Mystery solved for me !!