questions on revic BR4

When ranging with 0 base wind entered , spin drift and coriolis and aero jump turned on the rangefinder never gives a wind input no matter what the range. Is this normal? Doesn't seem like i should have to put in a wind input to get a solution from spin drift? Anyone else seeing the same thing? thanks

tak

WKR
Does it show spin drift in the app when you have the wind at zero?

mddat

FNG
I just went and played with mine to see and if I set my base wind to zero it didn’t give a output to account for spin, coriolis, or aero, but if I adjusted my wind vector down to zero it gave me a wind output to account for spin, coriolis, and Aero. This is was just in the rangefinder not using the app. I went and read the manual and it says using your base wind turns off spin, coriolis, and aero jump. Not sure why they do that but I still love this range finder but does seem to have a few quirks, like I can’t connect to blue tooth unless I remove the battery first to reset it.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I asked my tech rep and he replied
"With no wind entered it will take a very very long distance before spin drift alone will require a windage correction."

OP
K
Yes it does appear to show spin drift on the app. Although my app is having some glitches. I assume setting the base wind to zero is turning it off..? Even at 2k yards no wind input on the rangefinder unless I enter a wind value. I will get a chance to play with it tomorrow morning out to whatever it will range. Hopefully get it figured out.

OP
K
Ok so I got to play with this thing today. When I fire it up from sleep mode both base wind and vector wind are at zero, still no spin drift calculation. When I change the vector wind from zero to one or any number then back to zero again the rangefinder will give a solution for spin drift, until the unit falls asleep again and then you have to repeat. Seems pretty quirky.... but works. I like this rangefinder alot and did some shooting with three different guns out to 1300 and solutions were spot on.

tak

WKR
Ok so I got to play with this thing today. When I fire it up from sleep mode both base wind and vector wind are at zero, still no spin drift calculation. When I change the vector wind from zero to one or any number then back to zero again the rangefinder will give a solution for spin drift, until the unit falls asleep again and then you have to repeat. Seems pretty quirky.... but works. I like this rangefinder alot and did some shooting with three different guns out to 1300 and solutions were spot on.

That's weird

I also just realized that the zero offset doesn't work unless you are using zero angle. Maybe it was always like that, but I didn't notice it until the recent update.

Agree the solutions have been spot on for me too. What projectile are you using? Their Doppler models seem pretty good, at least for ELDm's

Broz

WKR
When ranging with 0 base wind entered , spin drift and coriolis and aero jump turned on the rangefinder never gives a wind input no matter what the range. Is this normal? Doesn't seem like i should have to put in a wind input to get a solution from spin drift? Anyone else seeing the same thing? thanks
That is normal. With no base wind entered, and Spin drift, Aero and Corriolis on, they do not activate until you enter a wind vector and speed. At that point all are engaged and will be part of the solution.

tak

WKR
Looks like there was a recent update on the app,

still doing the same?