Questions setting up a new rest

Ta406

FNG
I'm fairly new to the archery world and have decided to put a new to me bow together. I picked up a new, hold over Hoyt Hyperforce last year and have finally gotten around to setting it up. I'm a little confused on what I'm seeing with the rest alignment. I'm running the Nock On Elevate rest.

When I mount the rest and center it in the riser shelf like Dudley does on his videos, I can nock an arrow, look down the top of the bow down the limb pocket bolts and the arrow is about 1/8" off. I 'll post a pic to show it. If I move the rest to where the nocked arrow is inline with the limb pocket bolts, the launcher blade is hitting hard on the inside of the riser shelf and will not let the launcher blade lay flat. In that position, I have to lift the rest up high enough so that a nocked arrow is high above the Burger hole. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm kinda lost.

The pic is an arrow nocked with the launder centered in the middle of the shelf and a pink string line running down the center of the limb bolts.

Attachments

• bow 2.jpg
    bow 2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 42

MT257

WKR
How’s it align with the machined groove on the other side of the bow? Arrow should be 13/16” from riser to center of arrow

Marble

WKR
How’s it align with the machined groove on the other side of the bow? Arrow should be 13/16” from riser to center of arrow
This right here. Start here and if you need it moved it should only go a millimeter or so each way. Anymore than that is needed than you'll need some twists in your yoke.

Yup 13/16 is sound advice, some bows like the arrow height straight through the berger hole some like the top half. Those are good starting points

Marble

WKR
So eye ball the arrow and everything else and then shoot it through paper.

You can use a ladder, tape and a target to do it at home. If you need a better description let me know. That set up will give you an idea at least if you need to go into the shop to do soemthing else.

OP
T

Ta406

FNG
So eye ball the arrow and everything else and then shoot it through paper.

You can use a ladder, tape and a target to do it at home. If you need a better description let me know. That set up will give you an idea at least if you need to go into the shop to do soemthing else.

I've been doing a bit of research on paper tuning so hopefully I'm not too far off

Thanks all