Quick Access Trekking Poles (on Exo packs)

Does anyone have any clever ways they keep a trekking pole easily accessible for short-term use?

I notice on my practice hikes off trail that there will be times when I could really use a pole for just a short bit...like 10-30 seconds...to climb up/down a steep hill/stream bank, cross a boulder filled creek, etc. Is it an absolute necessity, no. Might it save me from falling on my a$$ and damaging my bow or body, yes, it could be the difference.

With a friend nearby, I can have them grab it for me, but that’s not always an option.

Mjprohoroff

Lil-Rokslider
Osprey backpacks have a pretty slick system that straps them between belt and shoulder strap. If u look them up, you can DIY your own version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMF

WKR
If I'm going back and forth with it, I put it like the bugle tube in this video. It's not great for all-day storage, but it works good for short-term storage.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
I use a carabiner to hang from my belt with the pole collapsed. Can bang your knee though, but handy at hands length. MTG

OP
G
I use a carabiner to hang from my belt with the pole collapsed. Can bang your knee though, but handy at hands length. MTG
So I eventually figured out something similar. I got one of those neoprene water bottle holders for like 20-24oz bottles that has a belt loop and cut a hole on the bottom about the size of a poker chip. I put that on my pack belt.

Now I don’t carry them there all the time, but if I’m just a caller, I will use trekking poles at all times. When we see or hear elk, I will collapse them down and stick them in there so both hands are free for calling and raking. Worked really well.

WI75

FNG
Check out Stick Stashers. Magnetic clips that go on side of pack. Rotate poles behind you and clip on. Only have clips for 16mm poles though.