Quick and easy hot tent?

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
It’s chukar season here in Nevada, and with a few dates green lit by the boss (wife), I’m trying to use my time most efficiently. Most my good spots are a ~4 hour drive, which makes for a very long day of driving for out and back trips. So, my new plan this year is to bust out of the house the second my kids are asleep, drive out to camp, and get after it in the morning with more hours of sleep.
In a perfect world I’d love to have a 4 man backpacking style / sized canvas tent that I can set up without a million poles, stakes, guy lines, etc that I can flip on a buddy heater in the morning and cook / get ready in with ease. Does that exist? Closest thing I can find is a kodiak or springbar 6x8, which is pretty darn close. Just wanted to check if anyone have found a different option.
I’m trying to stay away from sleeping in the bed of my truck.
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
The Kodiak canvas tents are pretty darn nice and at a reasonable price. I would probably go that route if I didn't already have a Cabela's guide some tent, which is a 'pita ' to set up by myself, especially in wind and snow.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the KC tent. I have the 10x14. I have had 4 on cots in it for 5 nights one trip. There was barely enough room to get dressed, but we slept well. A buddy heater turned on 30 minutes before bedtime and 30 before time to get up. The temps were below 20 degrees most nights. I have had 3 in the KC on cots with plenty of room to sleep.

Jimbob

WKR
I use a small covered utility trailer. Super useful for many things and makes a great little camper. Set up a couple of cots and it feels like sleeping at home. The best thing is that there is no set-up, pullup, park and hop into bed.