Quick cover set up for cot

Baddog

WKR
I’ve got a camp trailer, cargo trailer, good tents, etc, but I routinely find myself throwing in my large cot, pad and comfy sleeping bag for a quick trip in the summer and early fall. I don’t mind sleeping under the stars and actually prefer it but I need something quick for a light rain or stray thunderstorm. I don’t mind a tarp stretched over a tree but I go to the desert a lot where there’s not much to tie a tarp too. Does someone make a tarp with a couple tent poles to provide some structure? Honestly a pop up canopy would probably work decently, little bulkier than I’d like. Anyone got something I’m after?

BBob

WKR
I can't answer your question on where to find what you're looking for but I often throw a cheap blue tarp over the side of the truck bed and then draped over my cot that's thrown up against the side of the truck. Throw gear boxes, ice chest, etc... on the end in the bed and rocks or gear on top of the side on the ground. Quick and dirty. When I was a kid fishing in the summer we often camped at the lake without a tent and if it rained we threw a tarp over a campground picnic table and slept underneath. Same idea :)

11boo

WKR
I can't answer your question on where to find what you're looking for but I often throw a cheap blue tarp over the side of the truck bed and then draped over my cot that's thrown up against the side of the truck. Throw gear boxes, ice chest, etc... on the end in the bed and rocks or gear on top of the side on the ground. Quick and dirty. When I was a kid fishing in the summer we often camped at the lake without a tent and if it rained we threw a tarp over a campground picnic table and slept underneath. Same idea :)
This is the easiest. Done it a dozen times.

Once the wind made it rough with rain, after that I used some guy lines and tent stakes and slept thru a few showers.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought a screen tent that pops up like a ground blind. Was for grandkids and bugs but ended up working great for our camp kitchen sheds rain off roof and down the screen. Could be a quick bivy and better than a tarp.
From this realization I bought a Clam/Otter fish house in same style and used cold weather camping. works awesome. Insulated and nice windows. Propane stove added through a screen vent.IMG_4072.jpgIMG_4073.jpg stove added through one of the screen vemts.IMG_4072.jpgIMG_4073.jpg