Quick disconnects?

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
I like the idea of a QD but I have not used any before. Are these worthwhile? If so, are there any brands you like or would steer me away from? Thanks.

ahlgringo

WKR
Yes, and, bstinger great- others prob just fine- kinda hard to screw it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I have a B Stinger but have quit using it. I used to take my stab off so I could zip my case all the way. It worked well but for me it's just easier to zip the case up snug to the stab and let the weights hang out the front of the case.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've never seen a need for the QD as I rarely ever take my stabilizer off. And if I do, it's like 5 seconds off and/or on so no big deal. Just an added expense I don't need.

I like to run them for my bars. Just makes it easier to make changes in a press or store it in a case. Put some Wax on the threads of the stab and it wont vibrate loose at all either.

OP
Sam's dad

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I was concerned that having the stabilizer would create a lever with a high potential to damage the riser, or break off in the riser.
N2trky- the QD would be for a stabilizer.

Camofreak

FNG
Yeah i use them for my stab and side bar. Really only need for the side bar so i can put in a case.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard good things about Shrewd archery disconnects an they are a few bucks cheaper then B stinger. That said I have B stinger and they work great, but haven't used any other brand.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Cobra disconnect the best because you don't have to remove the stabilizer each time if you want to put it in a case. All you do is loosen it a bit and it folds down along the side of the bow.