Quick Wyoming question

sndmn11

WKR
I have our unit picked out and I believe should be able to draw two does tags, and if I am mathing correctly, there should be a chance for the same as leftovers. I have never applied out of Colorado, and I want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

My question is: Is it as simple as applying for my desired tag as my first choice, and again as my second choice if my goal is to have a chance at obtaining two identical does tags?

wytx

WKR
There should be a box to check on the application for either 1 license or 2. You can apply on 1 app for 2 tags and you will get both tags or none. You could also make 2 separate apps for the doe tags and have a chance to draw 1, 2 or no tags.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have our unit picked out and I believe should be able to draw two does tags, and if I am mathing correctly, there should be a chance for the same as leftovers. I have never applied out of Colorado, and I want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

My question is: Is it as simple as applying for my desired tag as my first choice, and again as my second choice if my goal is to have a chance at obtaining two identical does tags?

Good to hear someone’s not ashamed to hunt does!!! I’ve shot quite a few over the years where permitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
IMO, it depends on the distance traveled if "just going for a doe or two". I had 4 doe tags when I went and shot 2 yearlings. Followed the doe tag advice and should have had a buck tag to go with it. Had more shot opps at bucks but couldn't shoot them.

Does are fine to hunt and that lead doe is as smart or smarter than any buck.

Fatcamp

WKR
My first big game tag was a doe antelope. Could have shot a dozen bucks. Never had a chance at a doe. So sad.

These days I would like them up but the area we like to hunt has a struggling population and just like mule deer I won't shoot does. But! The 12 yo has a mentor tag for both and does are the allowed target so we be whackin em.

Last year all the doe tags sold out in the initial draw.

(except for the areas with pita access, and or no public land)

I predict there will be even more squawking this year when draw comes out.

I seriously doubt there will much for left over tags.