Quiet jackets and pants for trad

I don’t care if they’re hunting brands or not what’s make/models have you found the most quiet for stalks with trad gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Apex pants by Sitka are extremely quiet, but not cheap by any means. Most of the nylon stretchy type material pants are noisy. I've had terrible durability out of my FL pants, but the merino is quiet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Early - mid

Depending on terrain the FL Obsidians are zero noise pants. Incredibly quiet and super comfortable. Not very durable on tougher terrain or any brush busting.

Catalsyt Jacket from FL is also super quiet. Size up for midseason layering underneath. It fits tight especially in the sleeves.

Beendare

WKR
Gotta be plaid though right? grin

I personally hate fleece pants...they pick up every burr and sticker. Good for an upper layer though.

I like the Kuiu or Sitka pants in the mountains...not as quiet as wool but great performance in varying conditions.

_______

OP
Topo_trekker
Gotta be plaid though right? grin

I personally hate fleece pants...they pick up every burr and sticker. Good for an upper layer though.

I like the Kuiu or Sitka pants in the mountains...not as quiet as wool but great performance in varying conditions.

_______

You tried the kuiu attacks? They say they’re quiet but ?

Plaid..naw was looking at the archery jacket in solid. Already have a smart wool plaid that I like for snowboarding but it’s too heavy for early season. I like more modern looking shit anyways.

I actually use old wool military surplus slacks a lot in the early season, or some Magpul brand nylon (but quiet) pants I got cheap on closeout.

As far as tops: merino quarter zip anything. My favorite right now is a Minus 33 realtree quarter zip.

For heavy outerwear, I have a couple Asbell Wool jackets. Yes; they’re plaid.

You tried the kuiu attacks? They say they’re quiet but ?

Plaid..naw was looking at the archery jacket in solid. Already have a smart wool plaid that I like for snowboarding but it’s too heavy for early season. I like more modern looking shit anyways.

attacks aren't very quiet, good versatile pant, but not silent. the asat knar pant is pretty quiet, they are seemingly the exact fabric of the original sitka ascent... the new ascents aren't as quiet as the original. the asat knar is a pretty dang nice pant though. their downfall is lack of retailers, and are sized larger than many tech pants.... make sure you follow their size chart when looking.

I honestly don't put too much into the quietness of my pants, they can all be quiet enough when you need them to be within reason. my loudest pants are my first lite corrugates, but I have killed several critters inside 15yds with them. it seems no matter what, the sound under my feet will always be more than my pants.

it does get annoying getting stuck in a stalk in rain gear trying to close the distance, but I have worked it out in rain pants too, and they really are noisy.... usually when you need them on, there is just more ambient noise anyways.

my quietest kuiu pants are the tiburons, but they are kind of a niche pant. they are ideal in hot temps, but they are pretty quiet

OP
Topo_trekker
It’s true with the pants thing. Been running the corrugates the last 4 seasons, they were kinda of loud until they were finally broken in and dwr coating was gone but fitting was always kinda weird. Either too high and had a straight moose knuckle in full force or too low and pack belt would rub at least in the tall size.

Beendare

WKR
I'm more concerned with fabric performance than it being dead quiet. Quick drying, a little stretch, breathable and easy maintenance...just throw in the washer.

Wool is a great fabric...but not easy care.

___

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
I'm more concerned with fabric performance than it being dead quiet. Quick drying, a little stretch, breathable and easy maintenance...just throw in the washer.

Wool is a great fabric...but not easy care.

___
Then definitely prana stretch zion. I plan on getting many more pairs