Quigley-Ford optics

I wouldn’t touch one with etched glass..... too many variables change when you shoot..... if you get one and it’s etched your stuck with that load forever.... also your stuck wound whatever temp you had it built at too..... cool idea but practicality is bad..... I guess if you can find one of the certificates they give out at banquets and can get one for cheap then maybe try it but no way would I spend the money they want for one on one

OP
Nealm66

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
That was my thoughts as well but the son of the owner was at one of they’re booths and he was really trying hard to sell one to my brother. I have friends that a scope like this would be awesome till the day they couldn’t hunt no more and it did raise my curiosity if anybody on here had one.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve only seen one at RMEF banquets, supposedly the glass is similar to Leupold. I never saw the draw to it.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
i have seen 2 in my life and they were both bought by local people from a turkey or elk banquet. There were brought to my house to zero and befor the first shot was made u can tell this wasn't even china's best attempt at at scope, felt extremely cheap and glass was very sub par. Scope went on to shoot about a 6" group, changed out from one of mine and rifle shot a decent 1" group. The company was called by the owner of the scope and the scope company thought so much of their scope they said to cut it in half send them a pic and they would send him a new scope. So in my humble opinion they are no better than that barskas and counter snipers of the scope world.

OP
Nealm66

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, my brother was getting sucked in. I can see where it would be hard to get a foothold in a market like that. I totally get the idea behind it but I brought up some of its weaknesses and got my brother to walk away and think it over. At our age the glass looked as good as any lol. Glad to hear some feedback. He called me today to say he’s settled on a vortex gen 2 is something or other. We have 3 or 4 vortex’s that work good. I like they’re reticle that drops down and spreads out ( Christmas tree?) versus some of the other options out there. Clicking the moa works but was up over 60 clicks with a 250 yd zero with one rifle and I’d rather just raise above it and have some windage. I think that’s why my brother was getting sucked in with the guy making it sound so simple. Not to say his scope wouldn’t be fine in most practical hunting scenarios if conditions were all similar

I might be the only one who actually owns one on this thread, but I can tell you I really like mine. Etched for my 300WinMag I'm zeroed for 200 and banging steel at 600. (And I'm a hard core archer, not a hard core long range shooter so take this with a grain of salt.) And I can see the target well, good quality glass. It's the most expensive scope I own but the rest of mine are in the $300-$500 range and it blows them out of the water. When I shot my elk with it last year I didn't have to dope the scope, just chose the correct etch for the range and pulled the trigger. And it worked. Probably not as good as a NF but it's really not that bad either. I like mine and will not be removing it from my .300WM so the caliber/ load specific etch doesn't matter to me. Plus I bought several boxes of Hornady Precision Hunter at the same time so I'm good for a while.