Quilt dimensions? What is the formula?

OP
G

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Haha, well the thread is about quilt sizing so I was just trying to be respectful. Contact me directly and I'll give you the full sales pitch. Our site should answer most of your questions also.
Go for it! You were respectful but now, the pitch! If nothing else, start another thread then copy the link here if that makes you feel better.

Hah, don’t be shy! You’re in business now!

I’ve been all over the website, and also Katabatic/UGQ/Enlightened Equip websites and now I’m going cross-eyed.

They all seem very close spec-wise, so for someone like me new to quilts its welcome to hear why you suggest yours over those other options. Obviously you have an opinion or you wouldn’t have started a quilt company 🤪

Me? Mummy bag too tight, I’m a side-sleeper (and 6’2” ~200lbs). Nemo Disco is pretty roomy but I sleep hot and my damn legs get hot in any kind of moderate temps, and its heavy. Hoping a quilt with a zippered footbox can do it all from Summer to later Fall hunting.

mlgc20

WKR
I am similar in size to the OP. I have a Ketabatic Gear Palisade in wide (58 inches) and long (6'6"). Being an active sleeper and a big guy, I like the extra space. The cord system attaching it to the pad works great to seal out the drafts and still also me to move around freely. Love it.

Well this came in the mail. First quilt but I can say it is beautiful, looks to be excellent. “Winter” in this stupid place I live means 70 degrees today🙄

I’m eager to try it out so will find a time soon I can take my 6 yr old boy up the hill a bit and do an overnighter where I can try it in below freezing temps. Obviously it’ll be easy in mild temps with the zippered footbox. Hoping its a do-it all solution for me from summer family backpacking down into the 20’s on hunts.

To Brian- glad I went with the long, the fit is perfect, I couldn’t imagine it being shorter. 4724E511-46DA-460E-9B55-36A959C92BDB.jpeg04057783-843B-4799-B838-D83597A0E921.jpeg

BrianN

FNG
Well this came in the mail. First quilt but I can say it is beautiful, looks to be excellent. “Winter” in this stupid place I live means 70 degrees today🙄

I’m eager to try it out so will find a time soon I can take my 6 yr old boy up the hill a bit and do an overnighter where I can try it in below freezing temps. Obviously it’ll be easy in mild temps with the zippered footbox. Hoping its a do-it all solution for me from summer family backpacking down into the 20’s on hunts.

To Brian- glad I went with the long, the fit is perfect, I couldn’t imagine it being shorter. View attachment 267559View attachment 267560
Thanks buddy, we're glad you like it. Be safe

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Great choice with the El Coyote - really don’t think there is a better constructed quilt on the market.

OP
G

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider

To Brian- glad I went with the long, the fit is perfect, I couldn’t imagine it being shorter. View attachment 267559View attachment 267560
You sound like you live near me in TX. 9 degrees last week, 75 degrees this week! Let me know how the bag performs. Those are even the same color pattern I am looking at. You never know when you need a high visibility marker.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
The Habanero/Orange is a nice bright color. I went with it on the exterior with a charcoal interior for my 40F El Coyote for summer quilt and couldn’t be happier.

Yeah liking the olive outside and orange liner, smart to have a big piece of hi viz something. And I thought the olive/orange just looks cool. I know, about the least most important thing but if getting custom then why not if you can?

turley

Lil-Rokslider
“Yeah liking the olive outside and orange liner, smart to have a big piece of hi viz something. And I thought the olive/orange just looks cool. I know, about the least most important thing but if getting custom then why not if you can?”

Absolutely :)

Attachments

• ED8E5B56-CEC1-4B34-9446-21129B0C8E59.jpeg
    ED8E5B56-CEC1-4B34-9446-21129B0C8E59.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 22
  • AEF85E90-D611-4BCF-93B4-003640AFFBF8.jpeg
    AEF85E90-D611-4BCF-93B4-003640AFFBF8.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 21

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah liking the olive outside and orange liner, smart to have a big piece of hi viz something. And I thought the olive/orange just looks cool. I know, about the least most important thing but if getting custom then why not if you can?
Those colors were my exact thought process on my ugq quilt that's being made.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

thbrock07

FNG
I'll echo what others have said about Enlightened Equipment. I love my EE quilt but I'd go wider if I could do it over.

seanu21

FNG

I have the Revelation 0 on order with them now. Tried my buddies Revelation 10 last year in CO and I was still a bit chilly but I seem to run very cold. He sleeps in shorts in it. When I used I was in full thermals and socks and hunting clothes. Thats why I went w the 0. Were you able to try it out in the freeze we had a few weeks back (I'm in S TX so agree, we don't exactly get a lot of cold days to test lol). I'm 6' and the Reg Wide seems to be about perfect for me but I hate mummy bags and I think the reg\reg woulda felt constictive.