Quilt Options

CArcher

FNG
The kifaru backcountry body bag is an interesting crossover between a sleeping bag and a quilt in my opinion. I bought one last year for my california and nevada archery hunts to replace my older and heavier north face mummy, that id had for a while, and so far have had zero issues with it. I think it has a 30 rating which is fine for the time of year im using it, I havent tested it in temps closer to zero, but i think with my puffy on i would be fine . Its stuff sack also stays attached and you can use it to hold your pillow or to throw some jackets in to make a pillow which is a nice bonus.

lawbu

FNG
Think I'm going to experience with a quilt this fall. Are there any with a closed/sealed footbox?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
almost all quilt makers have an option for a closed foot box-
EE, Nunatak, others

I have a Viam outdoors quilt 10*. I called and talked to him and he made me what i wanted. My feet get cold at night usually so i got him to sew the footbox and over stuff it. He was good to work with and quick turn around , ill be sticking with the quilt 3rd season with it.

i have several EE quilts but only pack the zero degree now. I can vent it if warm. Add a decent base layer & hoodlum for snow temps and i'm good to go whether camping in a tent or hammock.