Quivalizer POI Shift

treillw

WKR
My buddy let me borror his quivalizer to try out. It feels pretty darn steady. I like it.

Another buddy who shoots competitively told me to go with a side stablizer instead because POI shifts with the quivalizer depending on how many arrows are in it.

I'm not robin hood. Can your average person notice the difference? Any experiences?

Thanks!

Zac

WKR
Anything you attach to your bow will change the harmonics of the riser. It may be slightly amplified due to the position it is in vs the typical vertical position of normal quivers. As a hunter your really trying to tune for one shot anyways. So it would definitely shoot the same with one arrow on the string and the rest in the quiver. Your just going to have to accept the fact that your pin float and dynamic reaction is going to change with every arrow you subtract from the quiver.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I run a quivalizer, my friend raised the same concern. My response was simple how bad do I suck if I have to empty the quiver. If your lucky you get 2 shots off on a animal. Is 500 grains going to be significantly different trying to get a follow up shot? When I practice I put 4 arrows in and use a tube or hip quiver with my practice arrows. They way I see it it will always be shot with 4 arrows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It is always interesting when competition archers, with their long axle to axle bows that weigh over 7-8 pounds comment on hunting accessories. The Quivalizer is meant to save the shooter some weight by giving the quiver a dual purpose when deployed in front. And as another poster has stated, you would never get down to 1-2 arrows in your quiver on a single stalk. If you were to go out on a multi-week hunt and you are losing that many arrows, then you might want to practice more.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
If you are borrowing it, why not try it out for yourself?

Like Zac said, changing stabilizer variables will change the way a bow reacts to the shot. Shooter input to the bow at the shot has a huge role in accuracy, and stabilizers alter the way the bow reacts to those inputs. Change a variable, and something else changes whether you are a good enough archer to see it on the target or not. The POI will change.

When I practice, I shoot 5 arrows, pull, reload my quiver, then shoot them again out of my quiver. It's only practical to shoot them all and learn how your bow changes as your quivers empties so you know for sure.

I agree with the train for 1 shot kill but if you require a followup and have a chance, shouldn't you know what your arrow will do on that second, third, etc...shot?

Felix40

WKR
I’ve seen how much poi can shift by adding/subtracting a stabilizer. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if poi changes when you take 6 oz worth of arrows out of a quivilizer.

rclouse79

WKR
I usually shoot with one arrow missing from the quiver. I have also shot the quiver empty at the 80 yard range. If it changes poi, then I am not good enough to notice it.

Reactions: 307
I practice all year with my 2-5 slots filled and my number one slot empty then when I hunt add that 5th arrow. Most important to me is the first arrow and for me Quivalizer is the most accurate option for carrying my arrows, it also decreases my bow weight. Now if I was switching between side mount and stabilizer mount then yes I'm sure it would shift a little likely due to my hold pattern and follow through more so than the quiver being in a different spot on the bow therefore changing how the bow flexes.

TX_Diver

WKR
I run one and don't notice a change w/ 3 shot groups. I would definitely not suggest practicing without one then adding one for the hunt as a quivalizer will change your POI vs a side mounted quiver or a different stabilizer. Ultimately you're talking about 1 oz per arrow with a center of gravity that is not that far in front of the riser (assuming 450gr arrow).

Playing devils advocate you'd have the same affect with a sight mounted quiver it would just affect the bow differently as you decrease weight off to the side.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I run a quivalizer, my friend raised the same concern. My response was simple how bad do I suck if I have to empty the quiver. If your lucky you get 2 shots off on a animal. Is 500 grains going to be significantly different trying to get a follow up shot? When I practice I put 4 arrows in and use a tube or hip quiver with my practice arrows. They way I see it it will always be shot with 4 arrows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
If you are borrowing it, why not try it out for yourself?

I'm in the process of building arrows, so I don't have a great way to test it as I only have random arrows laying around and can't get consistent groups with random arrows.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
When I practice, I shoot 5 arrows, pull, reload my quiver, then shoot them again out of my quiver. It's only practical to shoot them all and learn how your bow changes as your quivers empties so you know for sure.

I agree with the train for 1 shot kill but if you require a followup and have a chance, shouldn't you know what your arrow will do on that second, third, etc...shot?

Do you see it change much?

ahlgringo

WKR
This whole topic is perfect example of overthinking it. Of the 100 reasons that you could miss on a followup shot if you are fortunate enough to get one- this is reason 99.

Btw- i use one, practice with one, and see zero poi shift from arrow 1-5 out to 100yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Do you see it change much?
I'm not a good enough shot to notice individual arrows. I do, however, notice a change when adding and removing a stabilizer.

I don't run a front stabilizer, just add a few oz weight to the bottom left side of my riser to offset the quicker weight. When I was testing the differences between with and without a front stabilizer, my POI was about 6" different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you can see a POI shift between 4 arrows in it and say 2 arrows in then quit your day job and go shoot professional.
This is where I am at. My buddy has one and I have been eyeballin it hard. This thread might push me over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
One thing to consider is if you are hunting in windy environments. Most people ditching the Quivalizer have had a bad experience trying to hold on an animal in high winds. It turns into a sail during windy conditions. That is where a Tight Spot comes in handy. You can detatch the quiver quickly before going to full draw in extreme wind. John Barklow stated this would have drastically helped him out during a mule deer hunt in Alberta. Snider hit a 200 inch deer in the neck on that same hunt due to high winds.

rodney482

WKR
Mounted like a reg quiver vs like a stab def changes poi.
I never noticed poi change with full quiver vs 3 arrows.

Trial153

WKR
One thing to consider is if you are hunting in windy environments. Most people ditching the Quivalizer have had a bad experience trying to hold on an animal in high winds. It turns into a sail during windy conditions. That is where a Tight Spot comes in handy. You can detatch the quiver quickly before going to full draw in extreme wind. John Barklow stated this would have drastically helped him out during a mule deer hunt in Alberta. Snider hit a 200 inch deer in the neck on that same hunt due to high winds.
You can detach the quivalizer just as easily, same goes for putting it vertically.