Quiver issues/suggestions

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
HI all. I am having some quiver issues. I broke down earlier this year and purchased a 2018 Tight spot 7 arrow LH quiver, and I just cannot get it to stop vibrating when I shot. I have gone thru all the screw, tight, put stealth strip material where the 6/7 arrow touch the support rods, ect... I still cannot remove the noise. remove quiver and shot, its ok. I had just sold my older fuse 6 arrow, now I am regretting it. LOL

Anyways, if I cannot get the vibration to disappear, i will be in the market for a different one. Any input on a 6 or 7 arrow double gripper quiver? I have owned the hoyt 4 arrow shorty, alpine soft-loc, fuse vector 6 arrow. Those were all good quivers. I like the idea of the quick detach on the hex mount that hoyt uses. I also like the Mathews quick detach set up as well.

Any thoughts? input? Thanks mainly used for whitetails, hence the need for quiet. would like to keep pricing down some as well.

Following, have the same issue with my tightspot 7 arrow quiver, haven't had time to mess around with it yet but assumed I could fix it through tightening of all the screw/adjustments. I have noticed it almost seems to be coming from the carbon rods themselves, not the actual arrows, which is odd, but again, haven't really troubleshooted it yet.

What kind of broadheads are you using on your arrows? Is that what is vibrating? If a fixed blade, are you pushing the blades clear through the rubber in the quiver hood?

I'd call Kelly Deiss @ tightspot, he'll talk to you for sure! 307-272-2908

jspradley

WKR
Mine rattles like crazy if the bottom row arrows aren't pushed ALL the way in . Other than that it's completely silent...

is anything on your bow whacking it when you shoot? Does it vibrate with no arrows in it?

Mine started vibrating this spring, it was the screw that tightens the quick release. I believe there is a set screw on, that screw that holds it in place. I assume you tightened that? Also make sure you have the rubber piece oriented correctly so it is is pressed up against the bow (will keep the quiver from moving at all).

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've only used Kwikee Kwivers and haven't had a reason to change or over pay for a different brand. I don't shoot with my quiver on my bow, so it works perfectly for me.

OP
M

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
I am shooting Helix single bevels, but have only loaded it with field tips so far. I will try suggestions listed above and recheck the quick release set screw as well. Thanks for the input. I may not have had the arrows all the way up. and when the quiver is removed, noise goes away. I tried it with only the front 5 loaded as well, still some noise, but not as bad. shouldnt make a difference, but arrows are heavy

JeepG20

FNG
I have the 5 arrow model, it vibrated until I moved where the bracket attached to the carbon rods. I slid it down a little and the vibration stopped. Also when the arrows are not all the way up in the hood it vibrates a little. Something to try

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most tightspots and one piece quivers vibrate. They all generally have two long carbon rods that are susceptible to vibration. I would go with a two piece quiver, a shorty or a detachable version you take off on every shot of a one piece.

OR Archer

WKR
Most of the time if you have your field point arrows in there it’ll make noise from loose field tips or the points not seated to the top of the hood.

87TT

WKR
Field tips don't always seat tight. Also if the hood is too close to the limb or cam axle, it can rattle against the end of the cam axle. Try moving the quiver out away from the riser before tightening the clamp.

ontarget7

WKR
Since they moved away from the foam insert it’s been a problem IMO. I believe you can buy them separate now and it will tame that quite a bit.

I’m preferring the new Fuse Alphalite quiver these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
All my past quivers have been double grippers with a single mount post, which I would put a bow Jax on. Always quiet. I’ll have to tinker some this week, thanks for all the suggestions.

ndbuck09

WKR
Any time I have field point arrows in my tightspot it rattles. With broadheads pushed into the "detents" in the hood its nice and quiet. Never a big deal for me since I only have broadheads in when I'm hunting.

OP
M

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
I sent in a message to tightspot, received an answer to call in. I talked with Joe, and he gave me a run down on what to check, and how tight to make sure the 4 x-bar bolts are. I will take some time this weekend to work thru them and will let know how it all works. Excellent customer service. Should have called them 1st before posting, but this might help some others.

Another thing on the 7 arrow quivers he mentioned, is to watch where the 6/7 arrow tuck into. Since I am running standard size arrows, he said I can remove the wedges on those 2 so that the arrows seat all the way back. This will pull them away from the Xbar bracket as well. I might take some pics of before and after to document. hope it helps others as well.

Mine makes noise when the arrows aren't pushed all the way in, both with broadheads and field points. If I have them pushed snug into the hood it's nice and quiet.

OP
M

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up just having to tighten the cross brace screws more. I had been hesitant to crunch the carbon rods, but that is about how tight they need to be. I tightened carefully till I could just here some faint noise as I tightened them down. I also removed the arrow wedges for the 6/7 arrow slots (the 2 back arrows) this way the arrows will go to the furthest back position (standard size arrows). All seems good now. Thanks for all the input. Joe at tightspot was very helpful as well.

Norm555

WKR
I purchased the tight spot secondary arrow gripper this year and it has helped the vibration in my bow tremendously. The quiver is much quieter having the additional point of contact on my arrows.