Quiver on your hip

huntsd

WKR
Does anyone here move their tight spot from their bow to their hip before going on a stalk? If so how do you attached to hip/belt ect…

OP
huntsd

huntsd

WKR
I don't like arrows on my hip even for 3D shoots. The whole point of the TS is to leave it on your bow.
I understand...I just hate the way by bow balances in my hands with the TS on it. I don't really want to run side bars either

Tater1973

WKR
Huntsd - I agree with the bow balance. Here is what I use on my spot and stalk hunts. All you need is an extra quiver attachment for the holder. Pretty simple, holds the quiver securely and you can rotate the quiver any way you want on the hip.

B50F1CD6-ABCB-416F-9699-3D54278B264D.png

rclouse79

WKR
You might want to check out a quivalizer if you are worried about the balance when shooting. Most of your quiver/stabilizer/ arrows mass is down the center of the bow. It is also longer that most stabilizers which gives you a lot of rotational inertia. I was surprised how much it reduced my pin drift the first time I shot it. You can move the arrows out at any angle to balance your arrow rest and sight. I liked shooting mine a lot, except for in the wind.

I was actually playing around with a hip quiver last night. I really hate how my bow feels with the quiver on and I would rather have one really good shot than a quick followup shot that wont happen 99% of the time. Here is one that I was looking at. I highly recommend shooting a bunch with it so you get used to the quiver and what angle to use. I found it your arrows are straight up and down you can hit them with your elbow when you draw. The arrows can also rub on your pack making noise. So all things to take into consideration.

OP
huntsd

huntsd

WKR
Huntsd - I agree with the bow balance. Here is what I use on my spot and stalk hunts. All you need is an extra quiver attachment for the holder. Pretty simple, holds the quiver securely and you can rotate the quiver any way you want on the hip.

View attachment 437690
of course its $60! Do you have to put an additional bracket on this for the tight spot? doesn't look like it'll slide right on

OP
huntsd

huntsd

WKR
I was actually playing around with a hip quiver last night. I really hate how my bow feels with the quiver on and I would rather have one really good shot than a quick followup shot that wont happen 99% of the time. Here is one that I was looking at. I highly recommend shooting a bunch with it so you get used to the quiver and what angle to use. I found it your arrows are straight up and down you can hit them with your elbow when you draw. The arrows can also rub on your pack making noise. So all things to take into consideration.

will a tight spot hook directly onto that?

will a tight spot hook directly onto that?
I think you will have to take the mounting bolts off and put them on the hip mount then use the quick release from there. I have not ordered it yet though so I cant say for sure.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I use a tarantula hip quiver in certain circumstances and love it. My only complaint is I can’t use with my 4mm arrows. It’s cheap too.

Tarantula Maq Multiple Attachment Quiver (Camo) https://a.co/d/bbBeLgn

Ashenwelt

FNG
Does anyone here move their tight spot from their bow to their hip before going on a stalk? If so how do you attached to hip/belt ect…

So two thoughts because I am playing with similar ideas. First instead of a regular back bar, I plan on checking out a counter slide. It's similar but runs parallel the bow near the bottom oppositeside from the quiver. My goal that I want to play with (not these are ideas not proven solutions) is seting weights on the counter slide for when the quiver is on or off (changing as needed).

The other thing I do is different. I often use a back pocket quiver. Works well. Weird feeling but works.