R/D longbow recommendations

Jeffp

FNG
I really like my Martin Savannah. Purchased off eBay in excellent condition for $250. image.jpg
I had a bodnik slick stick for a while. It was a good bow for its price point and you can’t beat their warranty.

PatrickW

FNG
I haven't seen where anyone mentioned Great Northern Bows yet. The Bushbow is a very smooth and stable LB. I believe Bob brought back their Critter Getter again too. You can check them out at gnbco.com.

If your look just get a stable, bomb proof, no frills short longbow, you might want to look at the Bearpaw 58" Slick Stick that 3 Rivers Archery sells. It's only around $359, and has a lifetime warranty. They are very good shooters.

Rod in SC

FNG
I've shot a bunch of bows over the years. Toelke is a good choice. I shoot a little 54" Pika just as accurately as I do my heavy risered black widow recurve. I've never been able to do that with any other longbow and why I always went back to the recurve. But I love this Toelke . Killed 2 turkeys with it this season and they ain't easy to hit!

OP
B

Btaylor

WKR
How's the riser and limbs, new bow, working out?
I am really liking the setup. It is not a speed demon by any stretch but isnt what I would call slow either. Nice smooth draw all the way to anchor for me. Sends arrows right where I point it. Could probably gain some performance with a set of limbs from Dryad or another custom builder but at this point I dont know that the cost vs. gain ratio would make a lick of sense. Looking forward to hunting with it for sure, esp in the mountains where the weight difference over my compound will be mega noticeable. Havent weighed it yet but figure I dropped 2+ pounds pretty easily.