Rab Valiance

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
Been researching puffy’s to death and think I finally scored one that I am going to be happy with... 6 oz of 800 FP down, box baffled, waterproof Pertex shell, and at a pretty good price. excited to get my hands on it and really hoping it is warm enough, I run pretty cold. Anyone else running this puffy?

lstep

FNG
Got one off of Backcountry a couple of weeks ago. It definitely seems like a great puffy. I got mine for layering while sitting in a tree stand. Unless the weather is on the cold side it probably will be left out for a lighter option for September elk hunts. I've been on the lookout for a warmer puffy and I think this one will do it. I also own a Kifaru lost park parka and a Montbell Alpine down jacket. I have no doubts the Rab will be warmer.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
I have had a RAB puffy for about 5 years now. Great piece and has head up well

lstep

FNG
I think these are two very different jackets. I use the Montbell for early season high country hunts or if I know it's not going to get super cold. The Rab is usually reserved for later in the season or more specifically as a layer for my late season whitetail hunts. The Rab is also my go to for winter use around town. The alpine light definitely packs down much smaller. I also own the Kifaru lost park parka and the Sitka Kelvin Windstopper down hoody. I think the Kifaru falls right in between the Monbell and the Rab. The Sitka is brand new to me but I think it'll be very close to the Rab in regards to warmth and packabilty.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk