Rabbit Opener, the boy did great!

TheGDog

WKR
Up at 3a, so we could get there by 5:13a. I got 1st w/ an offhand kneeling shot. Then we set the boy up at best position at the spot. He took 4. Robbed me of that #4 too! Lil Turd! Hehe. Saw me setting up for a shot so he hurried up and took one of his own milliseconfs before my trigger was gonna break.

Called it at 10a w/ temps climbing. Had him peel n clean all 5. Coaching along the way.

Dem Hart Boys are shooters!
It's Genetic!
#BeThePredator

CJ_4_Rabbits_07_01_2021.jpg

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Thanks man. I had to wait a bit. He was a bit of a whiner in his younger years. No patience, much like his Daddy usually is. er... well.. used to be. Hunting has a way of changing that part a bit!

Last edited:
OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Awesome job with the young man! Way to go!
And how cute is this, we get back to the truck, and there's this note on the door.

While we were on our sit at this spot, at a certain point, this older gentleman in just jeans and an orange hunter cap with a shotgun and his dog comes walking thru. So I had to wave at him since we were in concealment gear and I didn't want this guy thinking he could just stick around where we were. My boy waves to, hehe, which made his dog sorta become a little nervy because neither of them saw either of us in our leafy gear initially.

Anyhoo in this note he states how he saw a Coyote and says he missed with first shot, hit with second with a #3 shot round, and the yote went down, but then got up and ran into the bushes. (I'm guessing somewhat near-ish to where we were seated perhaps?) And I think he thought our intended goal was coyotes due to the leafy gear? Also I was using this "Pocket Prey" little micro eCaller I have that can also work at making rabbits come in, since it kinda sounds like a baby rabbit. So I figure he must have been nearby one of the times I elected to play the Pocket Prey caller, and so he figured we were there specifically for yotes perhaps?

So I thought that was really sweet that this old guy saw fit to mention about this yote that he popped, just in case getting a yote was what we were there for!

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
The gang, all hangin' out today! Whoo boy Daddy made it spicy. The 2nd soak in water and salt I added generous amount of Cayenne Pepper and a lil Olive just to make sure not gamey. Then the rubs also. Whoo our lips were tinglin' at dinner!
RabbitsOnTheSmoker.jpg