Radial brake vs Side Baffle brake

stevevan

WKR
I presently have a 28 Nosler with a Christensen Barrel with the Christensen Radial Brake. I'm considering going with a side baffle brake. Would that be a good move? I have no experience with a side baffle .

To me the biggest plus with side baffles is they don’t kick up debris from the ground near as much when shooting prone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skierhs

WKR
The radial brakes don’t do nearly as good of a job at reducing recoil as the side baffles do. CA makes a pretty good one actually that is tunesble on the top.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I presently have a 28 Nosler with a Christensen Barrel with the Christensen Radial Brake. I'm considering going with a side baffle brake. Would that be a good move? I have no experience with a side baffle .

I've used both the brakes you're talking about and the side port brake is much better at reducing felt recoil and obviously better for shooting prone.

Totally agree with what’s already been said and I’ll add that, side baffles, along with ports on the top work the best IMO. The ports on the top help considerably with muzzle flip.
abda15ac02d470645fd4a362aa4887d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk