"Rage in the Cage" man

Hardstalk

WKR
Classic! I think there is a certain owner of the site that has a story about rage. But ill leave him to tell it. :)

Hardstalk

WKR
Are you talking about me?

This had me worried. No emotion in text. Didn't want to call any one out. Or put em on the spot.

Last thing I wanna do is have a brawl at next years shot show. Ive heard those get out of hand.

Funny video. I haven't had any problems with my rage's. I would love to hear some stories about failed ones though. I am switching broadheads after bear season.Funny video. I haven't had any problems with my rage's. I would love to hear some stories about failed ones though. I am switching broadheads after bear season.

shaun

WKR
Haha! Had a bad exp this year with rages in Colorado broke my heart...ckleeves saw the aftermath...will never use again

It still makes me wonder why anyone would use a mechanical broadhead. Sure, they can work 99% of the time but that 1 % happens more than people think.

Manosteel

WKR
I used rage this year... NEVER AGAIN! Cost me a shot at a trophy sheep! That video would be funny if it didn't hit so close to the heart.. lol

OP
Coyote Commander
It still makes me wonder why anyone would use a mechanical broadhead. Sure, they can work 99% of the time but that 1 % happens more than people think.

Im with you.

Ive never heard of a fixed blade "failing". Sure, the shooter fails, but not the head.

How many threads does one have to read about a mechanical failing to say "nope, give em a wide berth"?

The only thing Rage does well IMO, is in their marketing department......STELLAR!

Of course, thats exactly how I feel about drop away rests too. They may work 99.9% of the time, but that .1% you just KNOW will be at the most decisive moment.

I'll offer my experience. Keep in mind I will be using them Saturday on my turkey (didn't make up my mind soon enough to get bullheads tuned and flying true). Also keep in mind I killed a bird with them last year flawlessly.

However, last fall I had the opportunity at a raghorn bull I called in. He came in running all the way to 40yards. I drew, stepped out past the tree and let her fly. On the shot I heard a wierd whizzing sound and lost my arrow in flight immediately. I shoot a lot in the off season and never loose sight of my arrow. Having no idea what happened I immediately started to search for my arrow to evaluate it for blood. When I found it under a piece of sage one blade was completely gone and the other was lying next to it fully detached from the head. I have no doubt that the band didn't hold and that thing planed out big time. That is the last time I will ever use them on anything other than thunderchickens.

I have a buddy that has had great luck with them. Taking two cows and a mulie buck just flawlessly. To each their own I suppose, but I'm heading back to my G5 strikers for good.

Hardstalk

WKR
Heres my experience.. So there I was. Hunkered deep in the tomato plants of my fathers garden. This was a medium high fence guided hunt. We cant use a rifle to kill the barbados sheep he wanted to butcher because the neighbors would hear. I ranged the sheep at 30 yards. Drew back and let it fly. And fly it did. Right over the sheep. Over the fence and into the neighbors yard. It looked like a crow soaring in a thermal. Thats when I twisted on the g5 montek and took care of business. Never again will a rage exit my bow. Almost cost me a good meat sheep!

Yep exactly! I can tune my bow to shoot fixed blades as good if not better than my field points. I just don't get why you would use a expandable if you can get fixed blades to fly. Im too scared to try an expandable. I have used them on turkeys however. but never big game.
IMG_0408.jpg

Heres my experience.. So there I was. Hunkered deep in the tomato plants of my fathers garden. This was a medium high fence guided hunt. We cant use a rifle to kill the barbados sheep he wanted to butcher because the neighbors would hear. I ranged the sheep at 30 yards. Drew back and let it fly. And fly it did. Right over the sheep. Over the fence and into the neighbors yard. It looked like a crow soaring in a thermal. Thats when I twisted on the g5 montek and took care of business. Never again will a rage exit my bow. Almost cost me a good meat sheep!

No trophy photos?