Ragged hole carbon barrels?

madcalfe

WKR
has anyone on here ever use a ragged hole carbon barrel im doing a light weight custom build and was going to run a 20" proof
but the local gun smith says they outfit their light weight custom guns they build with these barrels.
there a #4 wilson sporter contour barrel wrapped in carbon which would fit better in my wildcat stock and weight less at 22" than a 20" proof
but i cannot find a whole lot of info on them!!

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a wilson barrel before. I'd imagine itd shoot plenty good enough for hunting even though they aren't considered a top end barrel manufacturer.

5RWill

FNG
has anyone on here ever use a ragged hole carbon barrel im doing a light weight custom build and was going to run a 20" proof
but the local gun smith says they outfit their light weight custom guns they build with these barrels.
there a #4 wilson sporter contour barrel wrapped in carbon which would fit better in my wildcat stock and weight less at 22" than a 20" proof
but i cannot find a whole lot of info on them!!
Thread resurrection did you ever get one?

Those black hole barrels look like a good way to spend $350 extra for a higher chance of messing up a McGowan ($264) or Wilson ($200) blank by induced stresses during the wrapping process.

5RWill

FNG
Eh i have one on order to try. I have proofs and carbon six’s. I’ve seen the Wilson blanks shoot very well. And they offer one of the thinner carbon profiles so i figured I’d see how it turns out. It’ll be a while but I’ll see how it does.