Raging judge?

yojo.3

FNG
Anyone ever play with a taurus raging judge? Hows the recoil? Ive got a taurus 444 ultralight and i dont think thats too bad. Ive been thinking about getting one with the 6.5 inch barrel. Not a lightweight pack in gun but just to throw it in the truck with buck shot for the occasional ditch coon or skunk or bird shot for some pheasants. Or the real challenge turkey hunt. Maybe get ambitious and throw a scope and try to get a deer with it using the 454 rounds. I like the idea of having all 45lc 410 and 454 all in one package. Used to have a circuit judge that was always fun to play with.

Clarence

WKR
Brother has one. I would take a 22 with mustard seed, over that thing with 410's. Ton of fun with the l.c., and manageable with the 454. Thought it was a fun to shoot novelty gun really, but I wouldn't buy it for the .410 part of it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

i have had a judge, and a raging bull 454 casull.... the 410 out of the judge was worthless, i thought it would be a cool grouse gun, but it was useless. my 454 was a fun gun to shoot, but it was a complete pile, it was in the shop more than it was in my possession, cases would get super stuck in the cylinder every time too..... i will never consider another taurus. i got rid of that pistol and got a S&W 500, and shot it a bunch without a hiccup. the S&W is an awesome gun.

the raging judge is a neat idea in theory, but i think it's a gimmick mostly. i would rather have a S&W big bore revolver of your choice and a little single shot rossi 410 for the utilitarian shotgun, they're cheap and light, and actually function as a shotgun should.

I have had mine since 2005. My lease had miles of levy roads and i used it to shoot snakes. It pissed off more then killed unless i could get 10’ or less.
I switched to a sxs coach gun.
I still use my judge when on a tractor. I put buck shot and hand loads in it.
I wouldnt buy another as i could do the same thing with any pistol out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLB-MT

FNG
I have one and like others said it is a novelty. Mine rides with me on my side by side or tractor. It is good from everything from gophers to grizzlies.

Rich M

WKR
Taurus firearms are extremely low quality.
I disagree - you get a decent gun for the price. They cost about 1/2 of what others cost. A few rough edges doesn't hurt anything.

6 inch SS 357 mag = $479 taurus
6 inch SS 357 mag = $829 S&W
5 inch SS 357 mag = $899 ruger

I disagree - you get a decent gun for the price. They cost about 1/2 of what others cost. A few rough edges doesn't hurt anything.

6 inch SS 357 mag = $479 taurus
6 inch SS 357 mag = $829 S&W
5 inch SS 357 mag = $899 ruger
A lot of people have had unsavory experience with Taurus, myself being one... it wasn’t rough edges, it was the gun was constantly broke down in the shop. I don’t think I had 50 trouble free rounds out of that gun, and I know I didn’t after the first time I had to send it in.

the raging bull I had was by far the most unreliable firearm I have owned... I don’t know how you can build an unreliable revolver, but they did.

after doing a little digging, I found that I was not the only one with problems when it came to Taurus firearms.

sounds like you have one or more, I hope they hold up for you, but I’ll pay a little more for a reliable pistol, I have no faith in Taurus anymore.

low quality in this case means a lot of people have had reliability issues with Taurus relative to the other known manufacturers... some have had good luck with them, and I hope continue to.

I probably shot 300 rounds in mine, and sent it back 4 times, and dealt with it not working right some of those rounds... it was bad.

my S&W 500 has had way more rounds through it and has not skipped a beat

Rich M

WKR
Fair enough.

I'm one of the guys who has had luck with them. Maybe just the older designs and such work better cause the kinks are out? Dunno.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A lot of people have had unsavory experience with Taurus, myself being one... it wasn’t rough edges, it was the gun was constantly broke down in the shop. I don’t think I had 50 trouble free rounds out of that gun, and I know I didn’t after the first time I had to send it in.

the raging bull I had was by far the most unreliable firearm I have owned... I don’t know how you can build an unreliable revolver, but they did.

after doing a little digging, I found that I was not the only one with problems when it came to Taurus firearms.

sounds like you have one or more, I hope they hold up for you, but I’ll pay a little more for a reliable pistol, I have no faith in Taurus anymore.

low quality in this case means a lot of people have had reliability issues with Taurus relative to the other known manufacturers... some have had good luck with them, and I hope continue to.

I probably shot 300 rounds in mine, and sent it back 4 times, and dealt with it not working right some of those rounds... it was bad.

my S&W 500 has had way more rounds through it and has not skipped a beat

This is exactly what I’m talking about, my dad has several of them and it seems like he’s always waiting to get one back from the repair shop. Usually the things that lock the cylinders in place are what breaks, not sure what that part is called but I’ve seen it a dozen times with his revolvers.

robtattoo

WKR
In the clubhouse at our range, we have 5 Taurii, in varying calibers pinned to the wall. All missing the topstrap & at least 2 cylinders. I believe 3 of them are .454s
Thankfully I haven't been present when one has grenaded, but the notes underneath tell me that they were all shooting factory loads. That kinda ruined my trust in them.
I have a friend, conversely, who has had his Judge since they first hit the shelves & I know he's put some ridiculously hot .45s through it with zero problems.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
I have a contender w a 10” 410/45 barrel and all I can say is that it’s a riot and my go to small game gun. Bunnies in front of hounds with that pistol will bring a smile for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk